xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
.:Piper_2051:.

Buddhism... Are there any Buddhists on the Trap? If so meet here...

So, Im creating this to have a sort of congergation of Buddhists to assist others in understanding the Path, and the way to enlightenment...

I am not Buddhist or Hindu, but I do share a lot of their beliefs. I am only 18 so I have not really decided on my religion yet. But in the future, I will probably be either Hindu or Buddhist! They are very complicated religions so I would love to discuss them with other people to gain better understanding.

I don't know if you can "become" Hindu; from what I've heard, you have to be born into the caste system. I agree though that it seems bery interesting, and I like the idea of karma in both religions. I love Buddhism's emphasis on simplicity and freeing oneself from pain/desire. I think that in today's hectic world, that sort of attitude could be of huge benefit to many people.Have you read Herman Hesse's book Siddhartha? It's quite interesting, and will give you some insight on Buddhism.

I am not Buddhist or Hindu, but I do share a lot of their beliefs. I am only 18 so I have not really decided on my religion yet. But in the future, I will probably be either Hindu or Buddhist! They are very complicated religions so I would love to discuss them with other people to gain better understanding.

Buddhism isnt a religion man, its a way of life, a path to enlightenment... Buddha is not worshipped as a creator god, hes is respected for being enlightened, as the bible says "There is only one true god" Buddhism says we are all Buddha's, for a Buddha is one who has becoma "awakened"...

To Study Buddhism, Is to study the selfTo study the self, Is to forget the self
To forget the self, is to be awakenedy all things
And the awakening continues, endlessly

- Exerpt from "Genjo Koan" by Eihei Dogan

Eihei Dogan is the 12th century founder of Soto Zen in Japan, that exerpt was written while attempting to come to grips with Buddhism...