xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
my_hero51

Line 6 Pod Xt Live Recording no need to pay for riffworks

Hi, as most guitarists will know, line 6 have just released a new Pod XT live. I've now got one and i can say that they are well worth the money. The sound they produce is pretty top quallity stuff and if you can't afford a ?2000 amp then i recomend this. I can't get over how nice it sounds.Anyway, line 6 try and make you pay an extra $100 for a recording programme called riffworks. However, once you've installed your pod xt live, you are then able to record onto cubase or other recording software and have the sound perfect!To do this, all you need to do is re adjust the settings on the software so that the pod xt is the primary audio sound card. For cubase SX, this involves moving the port above your sound card on the settings dialog (you'll know what i mean when you see it).You pod xt has to be connected via USB and you can only listen to what you've recorded through the pod xt line out (because you''ve changed the hardware to podxt In and Out)However, once recorded, you can listen back through normal speakersI was all up for splashing out $100 untill i found i could record allready, and the recording you get is crystal clear. You can change the settings on the Line 6 port through midi via the pc in realtime. Just setup your line 6 the midi controller in cubase and play arround with the settings. Hours of funEmail me if you want more information on how to set it upPaul

Hey there, I've been playing guitar for several years now, and I've got a dilemma regarding how I ought to go about doing my recordings...I've done a lot of research on 8-track recorders, etc., and I'm having a lot of difficulty narrowing down my choices to a single one. I realize that Boss and Tascam have some high-quality stuff at affordable prices, but I also hear the new Digitech systems are well worth the money...and of course, as you stated, Line 6 is always coming out with innovative stuff which I had never really considered to be useful in recording, but rather in live settings (however, based on what you said, I'm inclined to think otherwise!).So, I need a recommendation. Is there any piece of equipment you've had particularly good experiences with (aside from what you've mentioned, obviously!)? If you could get me some feedback on this, that would be great! Enjoy the POD, it sounds like a wonderful tool!

I'm using the XT live for all my recordings now, after trying several ways of recording, I.E. the extention port of my peavy bandit into my comp, using a boss ME-50, hooking my amp up to a mic etc.. out of all of them I have found that the XT running through my M-audio(so its baisicly usb) is the best by far. more to the point what benefits will I gain from riffworks? and also I cant get my sounds clear enough, they always sound a little too fuzy no matter how much I play with my settings any suggestions?-nick

line 6 pods

Line 6 Pod Xt Live Recording

Replying to Caveman

The line 6 podxt (not live) is equally as good as the live for recording, just pretty useless for live shows. It costs around $200. It offers crystal clear recording as well with many pre-programmed effects as well as manual effects. I have been using it for about a year and it sounds great. It also has the usb connection of the live as well as the midi cable ins and outs. If you want to be able to use it to play live than obviously the live version is called that for a reason but the main difference in the two is that its pedals instead of nobs. Good luck

-reply by sublime

MAXIMIZE BABY!

Replying to iGuestReplying to iGuest

Get a $99 BBE sonic maximizer and maybe take an online refresher course on guitar equalization.

The sonic maximizer really makes a huge difference to whatever you are hooking it up to and will bring out beefy lows while still giving you high end crunch and keeping the mids super punchy.

I know the eq settings on the xtl aren't the greatest (it only gives you an addtl 5 band eq to what is already included in the amp modeler) but with a lot of patience and tweaking you can get the goddliest guitar tones without spending thousands of dollars...

Also, if you have some extra cash get an interface that runs in 24/192k..

Alesis makes some dope stuff for around $400 that has awesome preamps.

-reply by acaideusdan

line 6 pod xt for midi track recording

How can we record midi track in cubase using line 6 podxt device (just like we use keyboard synt midi for recording/making midi program).

-reply by steve

pod xt line out only?Line 6 Pod Xt Live Recording

Is there any way you can hear what you're playing through the pod xt live on your computer speakers, along with the riffworks drums and everything? It's kind of annoying having to record only into headphones.

-reply by justin