xisto Community
666hellradio

Unix Has Bad Bugs Ubuntu

ubuntu has Bad Bugs, i found one bug, that is.. your sound drivers... i try installing it and reinstailling it but no whereu can not make it worku can not have sound, like play your Mp3 and Talk On Ts= Team Speak at the same time... it can not allow u do to thatbut same has Fedora 8 or 7,9 ther bad bugsi try to fix them my self and work on it has i can... but there no way to fix it with out the right drivers, i think you need to have the right drivers to work on it, or idk.. but i know unix well but if they do have bug's u need to get a Better ISO CD

Driver problems isn't necessarily the operating system's fault. For example, my Realtek audio driver doesn't allow me to record things properly. Also, your problem may be specific to what sound server you're using. Or it could be that one of the programs you're using is hogging it all for itself. I remember having a similar problem where Wine would take up all the sound until it fully closed, but that managed to eventually fix itself. A similar problem with Pidgin and Amarok, but i don't have that problem anymore.

It is a well known fact that Linux can sometimes make your life misserable when it comes to drivers, but only with some exotic or new hardware...For instance, every piece of my hardware works with my Ubuntu 7.10... My K-World TV/FM Tuner card, with Bt878 chip, my nVidia GeForce4 MX440 works with restricted nVidia drivers, and my Creative SBLive! 5.1 works like a charm...Did you try to install ALSA drivers, not OSS? My SBLive! works great with ALSA drivers...What sound card do you have? You didn't specify your hardware, so we could try and help you... Or perhaps, you are complaining about no mp3 codecs being installed with Ubuntu? That's due to all the copyrights stuff...Be a little more specific, so we could help you...

Well...Driver support is now quite good on linux.Only some strange hardware don't work on linux.Recently also ATI (amd ati, the one behind the damned video cards) has improved their driver!!About the audio driver try posting more details. When I started using ubuntu I've had problems with audio drivers too.Then I changed a setting and resolved the problemOften it's not a bug, it's a problem of configuration.And if your hardware is not supported is not a ubuntu bug: it's a productor's fault :/

That's not a driver problem. It isn't even a Unix bug. Also, Linux is NOT Unix lol!What happens is that the sound APIs for linux just suck. They are a confusing framework on which developers have to build their programs and therefore, errors occur. It's not really Ubuntu's or Fedora's fault... It's a problem which must be solved by unifying the damn audio API code.

That's not a driver problem. It isn't even a Unix bug. Also, Linux is NOT Unix lol!
What happens is that the sound APIs for linux just suck. They are a confusing framework on which developers have to build their programs and therefore, errors occur. It's not really Ubuntu's or Fedora's fault... It's a problem which must be solved by unifying the damn audio API code.

Right behind you, thread necromancer. As soon as YOU start the unification effort. Go Bismarck!
Actually, I don't know what you're talking about. SDL_mixer + OSS has been working awesome for me for a while. :)

ubuntu has Bad Bugs, i found one bug, that is.. your sound drivers... i try installing it and reinstailling it but no where

u can not make it work

u can not have sound, like play your Mp3 and Talk On Ts= Team Speak at the same time... it can not allow u do to that

but same has Fedora 8 or 7,9 ther bad bugs

i try to fix them my self and work on it has i can... but there no way to fix it with out the right drivers, i think you need to have the right drivers to work on it, or idk.. but i know unix well but if they do have bug's u need to get a Better ISO CD

It doesn't have to mean that that's a Ubuntu bug, maybe your sound card is fresh and still not *yet* supported, or maybe you didn't install the apropriate drivers, or maybe its a bug in the sound card - what do you know, the possibilites are many, and you need to suply us with the information about your card, distro, how you installed the drivers...

You need to be more specific...

Cheers :)