xisto Community
Vardigon

Want To Buy: Laser Printer! Preferably Monochrome. Recommendations?

Hey guys,As the title says above, I'm looking to buy a laser printer. I'm sacrificing color printing capability to bring the price down a bit. My birthday is coming up (June 14, 2008), and I'll be 20 years old :D. So, I'm looking for a laser printer with the capability for high capacity, as I'll be using it to print lots of digital media, stuff like ebooks, etc. Because I don't like reading mounds and mounds of text on my monitor. Plus, they're just useful to have.So I'm wondering if any of the members of the forum can recommend me some different models of monochrome laser printers. My budget is around $200 max.Thanks for your help.Edit: Oh yeah, it would be nice if it played well with Linux, but I'm sure that can be worked out.

Edited by Vardigon (see edit history)

Edit: Oh yeah, it would be nice if it played well with Linux, but I'm sure that can be worked out.

HP have excellent Linux support through HPLIP, written by HP themselves. My HP all-in-one worked out of the box after I installed HPLIP, and I therefore highly recommend HP for use with Linux.

Their LaserJet printers are highly rated across the web, and the few I have used have been reliable and good quality.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

HP have excellent Linux support through HPLIP, written by HP themselves. My HP all-in-one worked out of the box after I installed HPLIP, and I therefore highly recommend HP for use with Linux.

Their LaserJet printers are highly rated across the web, and the few I have used have been reliable and good quality.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Thanks rvalkass. I think I decided on a Brother HL-5250DN. I was reading the reviews on Amazon and Newegg and found that a great number of people had bought the printer. And, it comes with LPR drivers and a CUPS wrapper for Linux :D. HP is a good company. I have a feeling though that they might overcharge for some of their products. Besides, I saw that the Brother printer had Duplex printing, and I had to have it! (Instantly!)