xisto Community
Striker9

Sql Problem

Hello everybody, I've recently got my phpBB3.0.1 on my website and everything was going fine. But a few minutes ago, I told my friend to sign up and then she did. And when she tried to post she got a SQL error, and then I wanted to see what's wrong and I got the same error as well. Also, it didn't show up that my friend's post was the latest post, and instead it showed that it was the post just before it. So I don't know what's going on and I hope that someone could help me out solving this one cuz I know nothing about databases to be honest with you... I need to fix this cuz other wise I'll have to install the phpBB3.0.1 forum all over again and lose everything, and of course I wouldn't want that to happen... so here's the error I got, let me know if you got any suggestions plz:

General ErrorSQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]Incorrect string value: '\xE2\x99\xA5 Ri...' for column 'forum_last_post_subject' at row 1 [1366]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_forums SET forum_topics_real = forum_topics_real - 1, forum_posts = forum_posts - 1, forum_topics = forum_topics - 1, forum_last_post_id = 22, forum_last_post_subject = '♥ Riroo♥', forum_last_post_time = 1213224277, forum_last_poster_id = 59, forum_last_poster_colour = '', forum_last_poster_name = 'riro' WHERE forum_id = 2

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 1512
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: posting.php
LINE: 1442
CALL: delete_post()

FILE: posting.php
LINE: 279
CALL: handle_post_delete()

Whatever collation you are using for the database, or a setting in phpBB, is preventing the little heart characters from saving in the database. Personally, I wouldn't be trying to put symbols into topic titles, but I suggest you read up on the phpBB help on getting UTF-8 support working.

Oh... well I've just edited that post which caused the error and deleted the heart characters from the title and I'll tell my friend not to use them again, I think that would solve the whole issue... thanks for the support buddy, appreciated :D