xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dooga

Apple Releases New Iphone 2.0! iPhone with 3G support

This morning, Apple released a new version of their popular "iPhone" product, a revolutionary phone with touch controls and a vast amount of media possibilities.

With the new iPhone 3G, Apple released these new features:

- Faster Internet: They claim that the internet on the mobile web will be increased to almost broadband speed
- New development kit: Evidently the WWDC (Worldwide Developers Conference) was made for developers.
- Games! What's a phone without games? Imagine the possibilities!
- Less expensive: only 199$ with contract, as opposed to 399$ in the past.
- GPS features!

Unfortunately, there are some disadvantages:
- The iPhone is now thicker... just a bit.
- The iPod touch users need to pay 9.95$ to upgrade their software.

More information below:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/146868/article.html

Just wanna add that the contract is 30 dollars/month for 2 years :/199+30*24=919 -> 8 gb299+30*24=1019 -> 16 gbIt's a great... gadget (certainly not only a phone :D) but it's quite expensive

Another new iphone, i wonder how many people will get it? Seeing that majority of cell phone provider has their own version similar to the iphone,Verizon has the Voyager and Sprint just came out with the instinct.

I have seen IPhones at some of my friends, but haven't actually touched one... It has some nice features, but most of them don't really compensate it's high price. Just like with the IPod it's more of a fashion statement then of actual performance/price ratio. Still, an upgrade was needed since most of the phones have cameras and are 3G.

The iPhone 2.0 is very a deal however it is $199 WITH a contract that bonds you to AT&T which only operates in the US. I'm not sure whether they are any Europian carriers that will agree to such contracts with Apple ;) , of course some carrier will supply it since it sells ;) . I have heard though that it can't make sure of video calling on the 3G network it supports. The camera I must admit is also kind of weak in comparison to most new phones but it is indeed for everyone. Its a great phone but its far away from my HTC Touch Diamond (I could have bought an iPhone) since its not a PDA phone and I cant use C, C++ and .NET to create software - I am a programmer. Then again, the iPhone is not made as a PDA phone but Apple keeps on rolling out one innovation after another.

Edited by trontron (see edit history)