xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
castyna

Hi There just saying hello...

Hi I'm new here so I would like to say hello to everyone. I'm here because I'm interested in having my own website and because I'd like to improve my English (forgive me my mistakes). I'm a girl and study computer science on AGH. I'm interested in music, computers and bussiness. I'm from Poland - the beautiful country full of complaining, pessimistic people :DSo hello there :(

Hey castyna, nice of you to join us. Welcome to Trap 17.

I recommend that you have a look at the Trap 17 Read Me Page and also go through Trap 17 Forum Rules. You'll find answers to most of your questions therein, and if you feel something's amiss, don't hesitate to ask someone for help. As Bluebear says it, and I quote, "There are plenty of kind and helpful people here willing to help you."

Right. So, you're here for hosting. You'll find that Trap 17 is a very good place to host your website. Not only for its stable hosting capabilities, but also for the terms and conditions for hosting. You see, in order for you to have a site hosted here you need to maintain a certain amount of hosting credits. You basically get these credits by posting in the various forums, here at the Trap. Remember that the amount of credits that you can get out of your posts depends upon the length and quality of your posts. Avoid one liners, as they are considered as spam.

Okay then, I guess thats it for now.

Happy Trap-Surfin'! :D

Hi Castyna. I think the world is full of complaining pessimists so don't feel bad! Poland is a great country. I'm a bloody yank. lol. George Bush is almost gone!! Hurray! Are you going for a free site here at Xisto? If so, you can track your credits at Xisto.com/forums. You'll need 10 credits for a smaller site, 30 credits for a bigger site. Here's a tip: when you have enough credits to get a site, apply immediately since you'll lose all your credits when you get approved. So, for example, if you have 45 credits when your site is approved, you'll lose all 45 credits, or they may leave you a couple. So post enough to get your credits, then apply for a site and stop posting until after your site is approved. Then start posting again. Just my tip for the day. Welcome aboard! :D

Greetings from Norway, castyna!

Poland, hah? We have a lot of Polish people working around here, they have some really funny names! :D Haha, but it is nice to meet you. I think that I also wrote something about my bad English in my introduction... the good thing is that it has gotten slightly better.

The first person replying to this topic already had fun quoting me. :( It seems like lots of stuff already has been said, so I see no reason why I should repeat it.

The only thing left to say is that if you have any questions at all, do not be afraid to ask. I am really looking forward to seeing you around the boards.

Good luck. :(

Edited by Bluebear (see edit history)

Hello castyna Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich in Michigan, USA. Hey, my town's population is made up predominately of Polish people. :D Greetings.

Make sure you don't post a lot of one-liners, they are considered spam. It is not the number of posts you make, but the quality that earns you credits. As already mentioned, you need to read up on how things work around here. People here are very friendly and helpful. If you have any questions, just ask. Someone will answer you or point you to the answer. In case you need to read up more you can use the links just above my sig to learn all about Trap 17.

Make yourself to home. Kick back and have fun. See you around the boards. :)

Hello castyna Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich in Michigan, USA. Hey, my town's population is made up predominately of Polish people. :D Greetings.

Make sure you don't post a lot of one-liners, they are considered spam. It is not the number of posts you make, but the quality that earns you credits. As already mentioned, you need to read up on how things work around here. People here are very friendly and helpful. If you have any questions, just ask. Someone will answer you or point you to the answer. In case you need to read up more you can use the links just above my sig to learn all about Trap 17.

Make yourself to home. Kick back and have fun. See you around the boards. :)