xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aethix

Recomend Me Some Software, Pleaes. (video editing and capturing)

For screen capturing, the Growler Guncam (I think that is what it is called) is pretty good, I think. It is free, if you don't mind a watermark on your videos. Otherwise it is like $15, which is no big deal.

I am very surprised that no one suggested Wink. It's a free program that records what you do on your desktop and it does it pretty well, I think, for presentations or tutorials and such. Files are rendered into Shockwave files that you can put onto a website, but I'm sure that you can find a utility that converts SWFs to AVIs or some other desired video format. (If I remember, Smacker does this.) The way it works is that it takes screenshots of your desktop at a specified framerate and records your mouse pointer positions instead of actually capturing video, so depending on what you're planning on doing with it, it might be a good or bad thing. (File sizes will be small though.) ;)

Well this will all depend if your are looking for payware or freeware software.Supposing you are looking for payware(because those are the ones I know), i could recommend you the one I use, Ulead VideoStudio 11.this software has a very user-friendly framework, making video editing a simple step by step process, whether you just want to quickly transfer a tape to a DVD or create an elaborate video production using multiple clips, custom soundtracks, and overlay effect. You can download it, and test it for 30 days, that enough to know if this program is suitable for you. The other edition software that i have been recommended is Sony vegas Pro 8, but I hadn't time to test it yet, maybe if you test it you could tell me if is best than Ulead VideoStudio. Hope this was useful for you, greetings shotgun.

Edited by shotgun (see edit history)