xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dontknowwhyibother

The Ultimate Irony

Just read in the Observer from last Sunday that the Mail has been wageing war on Emo kids. All the usual tripe that comes with middle class adults being outraged at a particualr musical genre (like that's never happened before!). They claim Emo is a sinister cult encourageing suicide, the irony being that the Mail has been trying to depress people to the point of suicide every day for as long as I can remember. I know it makes me want to slit my wrists every time I see the front cover. So the question which is the most evil of all musical genres the one that has caused middle aged, middle class white Christians to freak out over the most? I'll kick off with the Daddy of them all - Bill Hailey and the Comets - branded as Satanic and evil by Moral Americans. What an evil barsteward he was. That's the point when society really went to the dogs.

Ooooo, talking about emo's? Let me tell you a little bit about these people.Emo has turned into becoming more like a style, not a "religion like thingy" where they fancy cutting their wrists and playing with scissors. When people see a kid with the typical "emo style" at the mall, many actually think they do such things as cutting them self. And yes, some do. But the truth is that most of them does not do things like that. I do not know about any with the emo-style that does such things, but I do know about several "normal kids" that do. So there is many different opinions about what emo is. I usually divide them into "emo-style" and just "emo."I do not think a special genre can make people to freak out the most, but that is my opinion. Especially not because it is about emo's; emo = emotional. Therefore I do not feel like it has anything at all to do with music - even though I have noticed that many of them listen to the same types of music. (Rock. Hard rock, soft rock and so on...) The genre that freaks me out the most must be Rap and HipHop. I also do not fancy R&B - at least not any more. I just want to jump out of a window, or destroy the television with my own two hands.