xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jack_flamer

Bad Review

i created a host spent ages saving up 30 credits and when it was created it didn't work properly couldn't access my cpanel to upload my site thought i would give it a day see if there was a delay in the activation of cpanel no still didn't work now my site is suspended and ive got fed up and terminated my account if it has faults in the creation of a site then this host will have other fault as it stand i will not be directing my friends to this host as i believe in good service. :D

I would normally offer my help to anyone on this board who and questions or issues, however it seems that you have already made up your mind that you dislike this service which is a shame. I understand your frustrations with this service, many times when things don't work the way they should people just give up on them completely, and if I was in your position I'd feel exactly the same way, however I can assure you that there are no "faults" in this service. There may have been some error on behalf of the admin who set up your account, or perhaps you just didn't fully understand how to get to the cpanel. I'm sure if you were to notify an admin about the issues you were having they would be more than happy to help you with them.

Well... I've said it once... and I'll say it again... you get what you pay for.But what did you pay for, nothing. It is FREE web hosting, you shouldn't expect it to be as great as paid hosting. I've noticed that usually when people complain about trap, it is usually their own fault that something is not working correctly. This is usually due to ignorance, and I'm sure with a little education on how it works exactly, they would have less problems. Granted, there is occasionally extended periods of downtime, etc. but this does not occur very often.Anyways, I hope that you will give it another chance, because I'm sure with a little effort, it should run quite smoothly for you.

Well for someone who was sure to quick to bash a hosting provider without using the support services or properly read the Xisto read me I find unbiased. Like the a previous member said, ignorance is on your part, but of course I wonder why it took you 3 months to get 30 credits when that can be done in a matter of days or even hours. From the looks of it, your account is still active and in which I suggest build up your credits to at least 10-15, wait an hour for your account to be reactivated and then go to https://support.xisto.com/, click on support ticket, select Xisto - Support and then fill out the form and then someone will review and fix your problem.

When I setup my account here, I received an email with a link to click that would take me to "wherever" I needed to go. I didn't know at the time that something was wrong with that link. I sent an email to support and they told me what to do within a few hours. Now, in the meantime I had figured it out from nosing around, but they did get back to me shortly. After that, everything has been smooth. Xisto is better than Godaddy and several other paid sites that I've used. The fact that php and sendmail are ready to go is amazing.btw, the moderators are on top of things around here. You can often get a quick response from them in the shoutbox! What other host, free or paid, has mods watching a shoutbox!You should chillax and rethink your decision to go elsewhere.

Really? Trap 17 has always been a good host to me, during activation and whatnot, even downtime isn't very long. I suggests you talk to an admin and get whatever's messing up fixed.

Well I'm facing the same problem as well, it's been more than 48 hours since I've created my hosting account and I still can't go to the cPanel. But I'm sure it's just something trivial and things will be good very soon. I trust Xisto alot because I've been on it before and I also tried Xisto - Web Hosting.com and they are both great. I would say the best free and paid webhosts I've been on so far. Yeah I admit that it's starting to irritate me that everytime I try to log into my cPanel I cannot do that, but I still have patience, and nothing comes easily anyway... I'll try to contact an admin or post in the support forum, maybe someone can help me sort this out. Anyway, I advise you to rethink about your decision because I assure you that you would never find a better free or paid webhost than Xisto/Xisto - Web Hosting.

so people here just like to attack peoples common knowledge "theres no faults to the service bla bla perhaps you didn't know how to get to the cpanel" thats right just pass the blame how could i not fully understand how to get to the cpanel you get given an address bla.trap17.com when you type that into the address bar on the default page it says to add /cpanel to the end and thats how you access it but when ever i did as instructed it came up with nothing just an error (in my favor i believe that to say there are no faults is inaccurate on any host there are always bugs or errors its the matter of how many and hgw big)to answer some ones question of why if took me ages (i did not say 3 months) to get 30 credit is because currently i only have time to access for 30 minutes per day at a library and getting a computer is difficult enough (due to maintanance) and there are only 3 days a week that i can get to the library hense the time it takes to reply to what KansukeKojima said about hosting i agree i paid nothing and i should not expect quality of paid hosting but wait i dont expect that quality i expect free hosting quality that says easy setup which generally means it works and to call me ignorant the only reason i dont have paid hosting is that i am a volunteer worker for a church at present money is hard to come by for me other wise i would pay for it after all i having being creating websites for 6 years i was hosted by theicy.net but they shut down hense the need of a new good host.i agree with saint michael i shall give this place another chance due to a desperate need of a host to continue learning but when members thing a newbie to a forum is just ignorant they need to look at there personality_________________________________________________i believe i have been a bit rash and i do appologies bad days are many with me i didn't even fully read all of the posts given in this topic as Striker 9 has the same problem im sure that things are getting sorted i just felt personally attacked by some of the posts again i appologies for my remarks and have edited my post in such a manner as to be rid of me doing the same attacks back

Edited by jack_flamer (see edit history)

grrrr! I am still facing this problem! It's really getting on my last nerve now! I've been waiting for 4 days so far just to login to my cPanel but it just doesn't work! And I've sent a ticket to the Xisto - Support team 2 days ago and no reply yet. And I've sent a message to an admin here on the forums and no reply yet! What else should I do to have someone help me out with this problem?! Please if someone can fix this problem, do it fast please! :D

(in my favor i believe that to say there are no faults is inaccurate on any host there are always bugs or errors its the matter of how many and hgw big)

I don't believe anyone said that there are no faults or bugs, etc... However, I bet that the ones that are there are very insignificant :D

Anyways, just be patient (yet proactive) and I'm sure it will come together for you.

so people here just like to attack peoples common knowledge "theres no faults to the service bla bla perhaps you didn't know how to get to the cpanel" thats right just pass the blame how could i not fully understand how to get to the cpanel you get given an address bla.trap17.com when you type that into the address bar on the default page it says to add /cpanel to the end and thats how you access it but when ever i did as instructed it came up with nothing just an error (in my favor i believe that to say there are no faults is inaccurate on any host there are always bugs or errors its the matter of how many and hgw big)

to answer some ones question of why if took me ages (i did not say 3 months) to get 30 credit is because currently i only have time to access for 30 minutes per day at a library and getting a computer is difficult enough (due to maintanance) and there are only 3 days a week that i can get to the library hense the time it takes

to reply to what KansukeKojima said about hosting i agree i paid nothing and i should not expect quality of paid hosting but wait i dont expect that quality i expect free hosting quality that says easy setup which generally means it works and to call me ignorant the only reason i dont have paid hosting is that i am a volunteer worker for a church at present money is hard to come by for me other wise i would pay for it after all i having being creating websites for 6 years i was hosted by theicy.net but they shut down hense the need of a new good host.

i agree with saint michael i shall give this place another chance due to a desperate need of a host to continue learning but when members thing a newbie to a forum is just ignorant they need to look at there personality

i believe i have been a bit rash and i do appologies bad days are many with me i didn't even fully read all of the posts given in this topic as Striker 9 has the same problem im sure that things are getting sorted i just felt personally attacked by some of the posts again i appologies for my remarks and have edited my post in such a manner as to be rid of me doing the same attacks back

Well when it comes to long time members here we get a bit defensive when it comes to this host, and the problem at time and a quick rush to judge was you didn't describe your problem into greater detail, and of course after some checking your website wasn't configured properly. That being the case send a pm to the admin about the misconfiguration and also go to https://support.xisto.com/ and drop a support ticket, expect some time to get a response to your ticket, but if your in a rush use the chat services at Xisto - Support to help get your hosting fix quicker.

grrrr! I am still facing this problem! It's really getting on my last nerve now! I've been waiting for 4 days so far just to login to my cPanel but it just doesn't work! And I've sent a ticket to the Xisto - Support team 2 days ago and no reply yet. And I've sent a message to an admin here on the forums and no reply yet! What else should I do to have someone help me out with this problem?! Please if someone can fix this problem, do it fast please! :D

Like I mentioned above use the Xisto - Support chat services to fix your misconfiguration problem and you should be able to see your site.

The reasons why Xisto - Support didn't respond are:1) Xisto - Support is currently diverted to maintaining emergency server upgrades (as announced in late May)2) jack_flamer's website was NOT createdOne way to check if your hosting account is properly set is by logging into Manage page and checking your hosting account status.For the reason why jack's account wasn't created properly in the first place is unknown--in the past when a member creates an account while server is facing heavy load a similar situation was created, where the forum would acknowledge HOSTED status with cpanel name but the hosting server was still in cue for hosting account creation.I can reset your HOSTED back to MEMBERS and try creating hosting account again. No need for new application. However, it's unclear if you would need additional 30 credits. I wouldn't know until your forum member group is changed to MEMBERS to know if your hosting credits are in zero or 30.