xisto Community
corydotholt

The Counterstrike Debate

so heres the question: which do you guys like better, Counterstrike 1.7 or Counterstrike Source?personally, yea source has better graphics, but I most def. love 1.7 way more over than other version of counterstrike

Source, but I played it before the other one. My friend prefers 1.6/1.7.Personally, I don't see the point of such "debates." There's never going to be a "better" one for the general players, just personal preference.And more credits.

I own both 1.6 and source but honestly I can't say I've played either enough to notice a difference other then visuals. With that said I much more enjoy source simply for how much more appealing it is. Maybe a silly question, but what is 1.7? o.o I've only heard of CZ:Condition Zero, 1.6 and Source. I know there was some in between versions but thought they never made it to retail.

Hey no Counter-Strike 1.7 available in market and in the world! There's only CS 1.6, CS: CZ, CS: S. I own both of them too. I play internet games on Source and I play CS 1.6 here. CS Source is not popular here, as not many people can run them smoothly in their PC (computers are expensive here)

Well I have all the counter strikes too, and I must say, They are all fun. Although I like source better, probably because of it's graphics. Also because I can run it with all the settings on high. :D

Personally, I like 1.5's gameplay the best, but the graphics plainly was extremely bad... So 1.6 was slightly better. Source is completely ruined mainly because it just had plain TOO many hackers and glitches... But that wasn't the end of it. I thought Counter-Strike: Source would be a good game, but man was I wrong! Many things you can do in 1.5/1.6, you can't even remotely try to imitate on Counter Strike Source! Though, personally Condition Zero was my personal favourite, gameplay was good, graphics were a bit bad, but it ran at like approximately 110 frames per second on my computer. AND it even had a singleplayer campaign! So I would say Counter Strike Condition Zero would cut it today :D

I'm expecting Counter-Strike Condition Zero Source, hehehe. But it must be loaded with diffrent missions. Not a boring one like CZ does. Basically it's not a mission, it's a normal play with those dumb bots and even worse in stock map!

In all the time I've played on source, I've never seen a hacker. Yeah, 1.6 is fun, and I love the single player on condition zero! In all, i think all 3 of them are worth buying. If you buy the counter strike 1 anthology for $19.99 usd you get all the counter strike games before source, and day of defeat 1.3, and deathmatch classic. In all, its a great buy! you should get it!

You don't see hackers becasue steam does it the (only) proper way - admins go through the games a lot and ban the cd-keys. And once it's banned from one server, it's banned from all servers that are "VAC enabled" (if I remember that name correctly).