xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tramposch

Hdmi Splitter

Hey guys, right now we have Verizon FiOS, with an HD receiver. The HD Receiver is running to the TV on one HDMI cable. The tv is wall mounted, and the wires are going through the wall. I don't want to rip holes in the wall again, so I was looking at HDMI splitters. I was just wondering what you guys recommend, and how they work?So basically what I am trying to do is... I am buying a blu ray player, or a PS3 for blu ray, and our TV does have two HDMI inputs, but that means ripping up the wall to install the second one, and i already have one running from the tv to the HD receiver for verizon FiOS tv. Is there a way just to split that wire between two systems, and be able to choose which one works, basicly adding like another input or something but external.When split, how does it choose from which signal to play, is there like a switch on the splitter or something of that sort?Thanks, Kyle_vdk

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)