xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KainRacure

When Flying In Or Out Of The Tamiami Airport In Kendall Fla Make Sure To Watch For Snipers?!?!?

As if learning to fly a plane wasn't easy enough now some students (and other pilots) are possibly being shot at.Two planes so far have been found with bullet holes while flying out of Tamiami Airport in Kendall Florida and the FBI have no clue where they are from.Federal Aviation Administration has told airmen at Tamiami to make a steep approach when landing to cut down on the chance of becomming a target.Pilots such as Robert Dean, who also runs a flight school out of the airport, are worried about being shot at."It could kill," Dean said. "That's super dangerous, so somebody who is doing something like that really needs to think about it."So far nobody has been caught for doing this (as of May 15th).I am thinking of learning to fly and I am quite glad I live no where near this airport (or Florida for that matter) I can't Imagine being shot at while flying a small personal plane such as a Cessna. You only expect this stuff in combat aviation (it might be worth it to get to fly a supersonic jet tho...)

I live in Florida and used to live down near that airport. It is kind of scary to think that one day you could be flying and that you might have holes in your plane on your way to land. I am guessing this is not a commercial airport but it still quite dangerous. I would not go to that airport until those snipers are found. It would be quite a shame to have your window shot out or your plane crash because of people probably thinking it is a fun game.

Thats pretty messed up. But you would think they would be able to identify the entry hole and figure, "Well the airplane was facing this direction while taking off so the shot came from somewhere in that general direction." And use the size of the hole to estimate the calibur, the biggest sniper wont be able to go more than 2000 yards (50 cal) and im pretty sure you can't fire one of those very discreitly.But I wouldnt go looking for a sniper myself. Its like they say, "If you can see the sniper, he can see you."Good luck with getting a pilot licence though, definately go for it... I'm pretty sure that the chances of getting shotdown in a cesna in the United States are so miniscule that you shouldn't even consider it.

Quick hurry the terrorists are shooting, we have to confiscate all the weapons in a 500 mile radius of the airport, for your own good, of course.