xisto Community
byrdhouse

Phobias What are you afraid of?

I have a phobia that's close to being scared of heights. I love being high, I love watching down...But when that involves me having to look over a rail, I'm scared. Especially low rails. Like the ones in my school, above the staircase. I have a classmate who is 1,90m tall and he often looks over the rails without fear and I can see a bit more than half of his body being over the rail. And then I freak out and go all like "Be careful!", "You're going to fall!" and stuff like that.

SHARKS! I'm bent that If I ever swim in the ocean a shark will find me and say "I've been waiting to eat you my entire life."

what are the names of these phobias?

Phobias

I have the fear of evil spirits, the fear of haunted houses, and the fear of dead people. I'm scared of all this stuff although I love the movie The Sixth Sense. If anybody can get the names of these phobias, I apprectaite it. Thanx.

-reply by speedie

I have a phobia of Elevators (Thats right...elevators) Classified as Claustrophobic I believe???When Theres stairs (Not Emergency Stairs) and a lift I usually go for the stairs but if its a tall building I go for the lift. Im scared that it will break down and all the oxygen will go.Also Im a bit scared of loud thunder but thats another story.Cheers,ausbus

I have always been terribly afraid of 2 things: storms and bugs (mostly spiders). I always think every single storm will turn into a tornado. I HATE tornadoes. The movie Twister scarred me for life. Also, bugs and spiders freak me out. They have tons of sticky creepy legs and huge eyes, they are like mini monsters to me. So I am actually afraid of bugs themselves, but storms I'm not really directly afraid of. I just always get nervous when I see storms rolling in because of what it may BECOME. So, there you go. My biggest fears.

I'm afraid of heights too, but I still make a point of climbing ladders and looking down even when I don't want to, just to convince myself that I'll be okay. It has really helped lessen my phobia.I also get claustophobic in large crowds. I don't mind if a tight space is created by walls, but if it's people boxing me in, then I freak out.But I think my worst fear is public speaking. Especially when the audience is probing and skeptical of whatever I'm saying.

major wrist phobia

Phobias

It sounds realy stupid, I know... But I am deadly scared of people or basicaly anything touching my wrists, I cant even touch them with my own hands. It so horrible just being in day to day situations and then out of no where a thought will pop into my head about all the horrible senario's.

I cant even wear braclets, or have anything near them otherwise I cant breath and I fell my pulse quicken and the blood pump through my wrists and start to realy panic.

I realy realy want to get over this stupid fear its realy embarasing

I don't even know if it has a name ??? or is even a real known fear ??

Does anyone know what this fear is called, or does anyone else feel the same as I do...

Thanks for listening to me babble on lol :)

I don't have many phobias but a major one for me is insects mainly Spiders or anything that crawls, even the tiniest of spiders if I see it crawling I'd be to scared to dispose of it XD Another one well not really a phobia but they call it claustrophobia I think thats the right word I don;t like wide open spaces I would usually want to have my space close and be filled with things.It's not a phobia but I can't sleep if its quiet I need some noise to able to sleep, or else I'd have a hard time trying to close my eyes and attempt to sleep.

Worst things I fear although I do not spend too much time thinking about them:1. Natural calamities...bridges or building structures breaking down without warning signs2. Heights!3. Cockroaches4. MY friends, family - these are the people capable of betraying me the best way they can cos they KNOW me!! lol5. Myself - not getting over my own phobias!6. People suffering either as some unavoidable circumstances or by people's own irresponsibilities7. Death of people I may not even know (this can't be avoided)

Edited by wordpress_lover (see edit history)

Hello everyone,Phobia..I think its definition can be given as unnecessary fear in our mind about that perticular term.I fear to DARKNESS. I cant wait more than 60 seconds in dark room, it causes my thinking power to zero. I get completely mentally blind what to do, and it is not a joke :D .It is more dangerous to me when I sit alone in room at night and suddenly light goes off :lol: I experienced it....ooooh.But now i decided to takeover this phobia.let see how much I get successful in this. ^_^

Edited by blackcaps (see edit history)

Re: major wrist phobiaPhobias

I have the same fear. It freaks me out when people touch my wrists. I'm starting to get over it tho. I used to scream in horror whenever someone grasped my wrists. Now I can have some people I'm really close to touch them (ie: my boyfriend) it still bothers me but I try to hold back from pulling my hand away.

as for bracelets I can wear them as long as no one touches them. If someone trys to snap my elastic on my wrist I have to slide my hand out as quickly as I can or else it feels like their going to tear it straight through my wrist.. I also cant stand feeling the pulse on my wrist or at all for that matter. It freaks me out.

I have been searching the internet for a name for it and I can't find one. It is real tho and it is normal. I have found many people with the same fear.

-reply by Katie