xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inhuman

Converting Audio Files In Vista how do you do it?

Ok, so I have some .wav files that I'd like converted into .mp3. I knew how to do it in XP, but I can't find windows audio converter in Vista....does vista even have that, or is it under a new name?Also, is it possible to convert video files, like .flv into .avi?

can't answer your first query, since i'm still comfy in my XP environment, but i'll answer your second query.

convert FLT to AVI using Pazera Free FLV to AVI Converter 1.1:

http://www.pazera-software.com/products/flv-to-avi-converter/

that works fine for me.

okay, i'll try answering the first query :D i use NERO WAVE EDITOR (bundled with NERO 8), so if you have this installed in your arsenal, you can try that. there's always a free alternative with audacity (https://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/).

To be completely honest, I have no idea what the hell Nero is.....(you're full of answers, aren't you? :D )But I grabbed the first converter you linked, so I'll try it out later tonight. I do hope someone has an answer for the first question though....but if not, I'll come back and grab audacity.Thanks alot. :D

To be completely honest, I have no idea what the hell Nero is.....

really? well, it's not the roman emperor nero of course... but Nero Burning ROM. widely used to author/burn CDs/DVDs... usually bundled up with your purchase of a CD/DVD writer. :D

Thanks alot. :D

you're welcome, of course. :D

I find it ironic a disc burning program is called Nero... since he did some burning himself :D

I would definitely suggest Audacity for your audio conversion needs.I had to convert the bitrates on a whole load of music files for my online radio station and once I stopped /wristing over doing them 1 by 1 and figured out how to do multiple files, I was very satisfied. ;)