xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saitunes

Html In Os X- Linking To An Alias

Is anyone able to tell me how to hyperlink in a HTML web page to a folder in OS X tiger and have it open in finder (not the web browser)?

Or how to link to a local file on os x (outside of the web server's folder), I am not sure how to put it, is it just as simple as a href="/Users/saitunes/documents/doc1.doc"

I am running the built in web server and all the folders I want to access would be located in the web server's directory

E.G LOCALHOST/~user/folder

or /Users/User/Sites/folder

I don't know how to get directories opening on finder, nor do i know how to link on OS X to a local file. The other option is to link to an Alias file of the folder I want to link to.

I am making my own (not so great) wiki, so this linking is to edit it in my HTML editor.

I have tried Wikis but I have not had one work properly E.G not saving/pulling up the saved information on next load, or not being able to save. I would like to build my own wiki but am not sure how. This to me is the easiest way I know how to do. Any suggestions on how to do this, or a guide to building your own wiki.

I have tried one (I think its called) PHPWiki, and another one I can't remember what its called.

Edited by saitunes (see edit history)