xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gisellebebegirl

Spammers Using My Domain To Send Spam

OMG ok, so i logged into my gmail account and shabam, 400 new messages, 100 to my inbox 300marked as spam, turns out some kind of sex pill or something company is using the email randomname@have-heart.net to spam people, since i have all my email accounts pointed to my gmail adress....

heres a copy of one of the spam messages i received back

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----<maison-arzeno@bilnom.net>
(reason: 550 5.1.1 <maison-arzeno@bilnom.net>... User unknown)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to pop3.ymail.net.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 5.1.1 <maison-arzeno@bilnom.net>... User unknown
550 5.1.1 <maison-arzeno@bilnom.net>... User unknown
<<< 503 5.0.0 Need RCPT (recipient)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; maison-arzeno@bilnom.net
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; pop3.ymail.net
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 5.1.1 <maison-arzeno@bilnom.net>... User unknown
Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 11:09:39 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: <maison-arzeno@bilnom.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 21:11:08 -0500
Subject: Some extra seconds will help!
If you want her to notice you! http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Timothy Morton

which is just annoying me.. lol i tried to bring my domain emails to AOL but its asks me to set up the mail mx thing to this:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

well uhmm i dont see how to put all that info into cpanel? it just asks me, the domain email i want to edit, and trasnfer to [only one option not like the 4 ones on that table], but its not pasting right.. haha mmh you people with domains what company thing do you use to manage your emails??? is it complicated to bring it to gmail?
Edited by gisellebebegirl (see edit history)

Odd's are your account might have been compromise or rather your email portion of your account, I recommend that you check your account and see if find any strange files and also check your coding for any unknown strings. Also I recommend you change all your passwords to your domain panel, cpanel and email accounts as well. Of course it might not be that severe and a spammer is just spoofing your domain and off the top of my had I am not to sure o nthe mx thing so hopefully someone can reply on that issue.

Could be because that your e-mail system on cPanel (like Saint_Michael said) has been compromised by some sort of script, or even a hacking attempt that succeeded...If it were just the e-mail system, then I would recommend you delete all the mail address, and create a new one with a different and "harder to guess" password... That way, even if the "spamming program" (even though it might not be a program) knows the e-mail, it still can't get in....It may be an attempt to frame the company, so if this problem continues to occur, I would recommend you contact the company who (may or may not be advertising their products through spam, intentionally, or unintentionally) may do something about it...If this were just an e-mail issue, or because someone tried hacking it and succeeded then I would just recommend you get a more secure password (one with lower case, upper case, numbers, symbols, completely random, and has minimum characters of 8), but if it is a security issue which allows some script to remotely change coding on php files, or maybe cPanel files themselves, it could be a serious security matter...Good luck on fixing the problem by the way :D

OMG ok, so i logged into my gmail account and shabam, 400 new messages, 100 to my inbox 300marked as spam, turns out some kind of sex pill or something company is using the email randomname@have-heart.net to spam people, since i have all my email accounts pointed to my gmail adress....heres a copy of one of the spam messages i received back
which is just annoying me.. lol i tried to bring my domain emails to AOL but its asks me to set up the mail mx thing to this:
well uhmm i dont see how to put all that info into cpanel? it just asks me, the domain email i want to edit, and trasnfer to [only one option not like the 4 ones on that table], but its not pasting right.. haha mmh you people with domains what company thing do you use to manage your emails??? is it complicated to bring it to gmail?

By receiving your emails via AOL you'll still be getting spammers' emails. (To receive emails via AOL, you'd have to log into the registrar's site where you bought have-heart.net and set the required (shown in http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png ).

What you can do:
1. Disable the catch-all or default email address under your cPanel account (for incoming emails)
2. Detect the real email address of the spammer in the email headers (this may not be easy but have someone you trust look at it). Write a complaint to the one providing the email service to spammers. The email provider should terminate the spammer's email acct, regardless of whatever spoofed domains spammer may be using.
3. Set up your email filters.

There are more drastic measures against spammers but I have not mentioned them here.
Edited by wordpress_lover (see edit history)

OMG ok, so i logged into my gmail account and shabam, 400 new messages, 100 to my inbox 300marked as spam, turns out some kind of sex pill or something company is using the email randomname@have-heart.net to spam people, since i have all my email accounts pointed to my gmail adress....heres a copy of one of the spam messages i received back

Omg, weird things happen in internet :)