xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gizmo291

What Book Did You Use..

I would like to know what book(s) did the members of trap 17 used to learn how to code if any .If you used a web-site to learn how to code please tell us why and the url of the web-site. The book that I used was PHP and MYSQL for dummies they are great books and and provide a wide-envirement to learn about. It goes from setting up your own server to explaning how to make PHP scripts and MYSQL queries.Also if you have a suggestion for a book please tell me. :rolleyes:

i didn't use any bookmy dad teached me to browse the net when i was 9 and i used it for school stuff and music bands.when 11, i wanted to make a Harry Potter site with a few friends.i found a site, http://www.desarrolloweb.com/ (in Spanish, i'm from Uruguay, in Latin America) and it's got a lot of tutorials.now i'm 14, and i can develope (small) scripts in PHP with MySQL db.i left HP webs world and now i do things for friends of other HP sites in Spanish and for my parents' friends webs, but i'm just begining now.

i didn't use any book

my dad teached me to browse the net when i was 9 and i used it for school stuff and music bands.

when 11, i wanted to make a Harry Potter site with a few friends.

i found a site, http://www.desarrolloweb.com/ (in Spanish, i'm from Uruguay, in Latin America) and it's got a lot of tutorials.

now i'm 14, and i can develope (small) scripts in PHP with MySQL db.

i left HP webs world and now i do things for friends of other HP sites in Spanish and for my parents' friends webs, but i'm just begining now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol.. wow I must be thick..I started making websites when I was 8 and im 13 now... and STILL i can not do anything in PHP man... lol...

If you want a to learn out of a book.... buy a talking one lol because sometimes there are things you just do not have a clue about..

I tried learning out of a book once that book for dummies is really good...

but the best way to learn things, well for me, is to learn as you go. If you want to do something look it up on the internet learn and then proceed... keep on doing so and then you will get the hang of it... it's pretty easy....probably a bit like math i guess.

Ive been thinking of getting 'PHP and mySQL for Dummies' for a while, but could never be bothered, so ive just been surfin the net looking at yuy and examining codes of scripts that other people have made,Im going to make the effoer and buy that book! YES! Yes I am :rolleyes:BRB... oh, no shops open.. :)I know... Amazon! :)

another good way to learn any language, is trying and reading code. i mean, install a script on a web, use it as you read it's source code.

don't even think to install such a thing like phpNuke or phpBB and do so.

begin with small scripts like counters or something like that. you can find many of them on HotScripts.com. but, remember, only small code, like a tagboard.

also, in HotScripts.com you can find Books about PHP.

i learned on the net what i know which is not alot. i know lots of html/javascript/css tho but only very little php. i started making sites when i was 12 and im 13 now. :rolleyes: