xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Srizbi Botnet Biggest Spammer Of All Time

Heck it looks like I am out of business after reading this little article, this botnet, which is connected to about 300,000 computers sends out a whopping 60 billion emails a day or 50% of the spam that gets sent out. Srizbi also goes by the name of "Cbeplay" and "Exchanger," and is considered one of the ultimate rootkit programs as well, because it disguises itself as rootkit and then goes straight into the kernel with complete anonymity . On top of that supposable it has a small program that deletes other rootkits, and thinking about a book in which a computer could delete viruses, this could be a very dangerous botnet if they don't squash it soon. Right now there is no info on how this bot can get blocked or removed, but because of where this program like to lie in, being able to remove it successfully is pretty low at the moment.

As usual make sure you know the attachments your downloading from your emails or you computer will be used as a spamming machine.

SOURCE

Who would have thought Spamming could become so harmful and so wide spread. My suggestion is to never open any attachments from a person not in your address book no matter who they say it is unless you got their email personally. Many emails are questionable that people receive. Many just believe they would never be sent spam but looking at these numbers it is quite likely you will. I just hope that no one has their computer taken over by this which I am sure many already have had it happen. I wonder if there is any money benefit to this other than seeing computers crash and people get mad. Good luck finding a way to get rid of it to whoever is doing the research.