xisto Community
mrdee

Where Does That Noise Come From? My Trap 17 web site beeps

I am posting this here rather than in the 'Web design' topic as it seems to be something which happens exclusively to my Trap 17 web site.
When i have my web site open, which you can find here, every so often (quite regular actually) a short and high pitched beep is sounded.

At first I thought it had something to do with my sound card or my PC, but recently I discovered it only happens when I have my site open.
It does not matter which page of the site I have open, or whether the page has multimedia embedded in it, I get it regardless of the page I am on.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? It does not happen with any other site I have made, or any other site I surf to.
It is even a bit annoying getting this beep every so many seconds.
Can anyone offer further advice on this?

thanks in advance.

Seems you have a MP3 embeded in your site....

Yeah there should be no real reason for your site to "beep" unless its coming from that media you have on it. Are you sure it happens on every page and not just the pages with the music on it? There is no other explanation unless you have some kind of swf that you have embedded on every page.... no doesn't look like that is it either.... or perhaps your web browser just hates you.

I have an mp3 on 2 pages, but every single one does it.Now that you mention an swf, I do have a Flash clock on every page, could that be the culprit?

I have an mp3 on 2 pages, but every single one does it.Now that you mention an swf, I do have a Flash clock on every page, could that be the culprit?

It could be. Try opening up the swf of that clock and none of your other pages and see if you still hear the beep. Other than embedded sound files and flash i can't think what else it could be.

Simple. That Flash clock beeps every minute. Incredibly annoying :lol: If you can't edit the clock then you might be better off removing it, as plenty of people will get confused/annoyed with a beep every minute!

Yes, folks.It was indeed the digital Flash clock.There was no way I could edit it to turn the beep off, so I replaced it with a nice analog (but silent) clock.A bit of retro looks good too, and a nightmare is over now.Thanks to everyone for the help and advice.