xisto Community
dunkjmcd

This Sites Homepage

For a website that offers such good free hosting, youd think there own site (minus the forums) would be better designed. Having been to a lot of free hosts websites, this one does fall in the the common trend that free host themsleves have a confusing, cluttered homepage. This is possibly due to there attempt to cram in as much offers and details on the one page as possible. I suggest to improve this site, it should take advantage of percentage width of tables to utilize the full width of the users screen, without reducing experience for those with smaller screens.

Having looked at this page for example http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ it does look like very little effort has been put in to help a user navigate through there nonforum pages. I reckon the admins should make full use of many of its users design and html experience and run a competition for a new design that will be more appealing and user friendly.

All valid suggestions and thank you for sharing with us :lol:Yes, the forum is cluttered and crammed with too many subjects and topics. We are doing our best to categorize them, and if needed branch out its own root, sorting them to suit our members of this forum.The forum itself cannot be modified too much due to customized scripts that runs our free web hosting--The Credit System. And with over 350,000+ posts and over unique double digit thousand visitors per day the forum loading speed takes priority over aesthetic of this forum. But perhaps we can do something about design contests. We already have SOTW (Signature Of The Week) and Graphics Battles introducing design template contest would almost be the second nature.Thanks for your suggestions and keep them coming! If you can help us in any way please feel free to let us know.

I was aiming more at redesigning Xisto.com

In my opinion the homepage looks too spamy.What I mean is that when you first look at it it looks like one of thoes dumb adds.
theres way too much links, pictures, and moving stuff. if the admins delete some of this stuff
the site will look much better!

kirill

Well to crush everyone's dreams just a bit, but the point of the main page in a hosting company is about SEO, especially if your doing both paid and free. Look at godaddy's website you notice how cramp it is, but of course granted its been 3 years since the main page, but the challenge is to make the main site SEO loaded, but of course thanks to the forum, most of the hits are coming from the topics and post that are made here. Of course, there was a whisper that Xisto was going to get a radical change, but I haven't heard to much about it.So the website would have to incorporate several things: speed, style, SEO, user friendly, Web 2.0, web standard and you do all that and OpaQue approves the design it would be that simple.