xisto Community
ivenms

Never Use Windows Vista

Iam the user of Windows Vista. I gone with Vista because of unavailability of other options. Windows will shutdown its support for XP after few years like they done with 98 and other operating systems.

So I brought Vista Home Edition.

My computer configurations:

Core 2 duo processor.

I GB DDR2 RAM.

160 GB Hard Disk

And other best available features.

Problems suffering with Windowis Vista:

Taking about 3 to 5 minuets for Logging and Sutting Down.

Gives many error messages with good application programs.

It is 4 times slower than XP for any Operating System Operation like File Deletion.

It is impossible to think of copying a set of large files even from folder to folder.

Many times, computer get restarted because of malicious program (no mechanism for managing this kind of errors).

Iam sending atleast 2 error reports to them daiily. Now heard about their release of Vista Service Package. Hopping to improve my computer's performance with that. But my humble request to others is: "NEVER USE WINDOWS VISTA"

The general concensus with most Business and Personal users who have used Windows Vista is that it is a major backward step from Windows XP. It's memory-intensive, extremely incompatible with most Windows Programs to date, and confusing to many users. Plus...

Problems suffering with Windowis Vista:

Taking about 3 to 5 minuets for Logging and Sutting Down.

Gives many error messages with good application programs.

It is 4 times slower than XP for any Operating System Operation like File Deletion.

It is impossible to think of copying a set of large files even from folder to folder.

Many times, computer get restarted because of malicious program (no mechanism for managing this kind of errors).

Iam sending atleast 2 error reports to them daiily.

...that just says everything.

You may be interested to know that, as a licenced Windows Vista User, you are officially entitled to a free downgrade to Windows XP. This news article at PC Advisor details the process; if you really can't stand Vista, maybe you should check it out.

I rarely have any problems with windows vista. I have a Dual Core 1.66GHZ processor with 1 gigabyte of ram as well. It does run slow sometimes but not as slow as you speak of. It only takes a minute or so to shut down but I normally just put it to sleep anyway cause it is my laptop. I do not receive any error messages unless it is old software or I do not have a good enough graphics card for a game or something which has nothing to do with Vista. Only thing slowing me down sometimes is whether to allow or cancel whether I want a program to run which I think is nice in case a virus or malicious software wants to run that you don't know about.

you think their gona close down windows xp just like windows 98 and all?hell no!it could be a better version.. but i doubt that'll stop making things compatible with Xpup until XP it was all goodand then Vista comes out and it suxVista is the most slowest operating system ive ever seen. i hate the shutting down time.. i hate loading times when opening a program.hate the error messages.. or those messages where they go "are you sure you want to open this application" something like that.. and you have to press continue everytimeif there is a program i want to use, i just want to be able to double click and open it.. its so annoying to have to have another message show up..the colour schemes i do admit are nice.. very modern.. but the lag, everything is so lame. i hate the way the control panel menu is set out too.frken all over the place and confuses users that arent good with computers..VISTA SUX lol

The general concensus with most Business and Personal users who have used Windows Vista is that it is a major backward step from Windows XP. It's memory-intensive, extremely incompatible with most Windows Programs to date, and confusing to many users. Plus...

...that just says everything.

You may be interested to know that, as a licenced Windows Vista User, you are officially entitled to a free downgrade to Windows XP. This news article at PC Advisor details the process; if you really can't stand Vista, maybe you should check it out.

Many of the Vista users degrade their package back to XP. But iam looking for the release of Vista's servie package. Iam sending them atleast two error messages daily. I hope they will solve my problems with their new serive pack release.

I rarely have any problems with windows vista. I have a Dual Core 1.66GHZ processor with 1 gigabyte of ram as well. It does run slow sometimes but not as slow as you speak of. It only takes a minute or so to shut down but I normally just put it to sleep anyway cause it is my laptop. I do not receive any error messages unless it is old software or I do not have a good enough graphics card for a game or something which has nothing to do with Vista. Only thing slowing me down sometimes is whether to allow or cancel whether I want a program to run which I think is nice in case a virus or malicious software wants to run that you don't know about.

I also had the same configuration and Iam using HP laptop. But still got into error daily. may be you are using your laptop rarely or in short time. Iam doing ebusiness and webmastering and need frequent and long use with my laptop.

you think their gona close down windows xp just like windows 98 and all?

hell no!

it could be a better version.. but i doubt that'll stop making things compatible with Xp

up until XP it was all good

and then Vista comes out and it sux

Vista is the most slowest operating system ive ever seen. i hate the shutting down time.. i hate loading times when opening a program.

hate the error messages.. or those messages where they go "are you sure you want to open this application" something like that.. and you have to press continue everytime

if there is a program i want to use, i just want to be able to double click and open it.. its so annoying to have to have another message show up..

the colour schemes i do admit are nice.. very modern.. but the lag, everything is so lame. i hate the way the control panel menu is set out too.

frken all over the place and confuses users that arent good with computers..

VISTA SUX lol

You can't say or predict any thing about Microsoft. I know that they really sucks. They are only thinking about their business profit, not their customer's satisfaction. Iam now planning to switch to other open source platforms. But it will take little time.

Considering the hype that Vista had before and at the time of it's release, its actual working version was a major let down. Not just for me, but I thousands others. On a personal note, I have an Acer Aspire 5570z (1.73 Dore Duo, 1 GB DDR2, 120GB HDD), and it came with a licensed Vista Home Premium. Yes, its definite Eye-candy, but soon enough I saw through it. My much needed apps were hardly compatible with it, it used around 675MBs of my RAM just running the Acer utilities in the background (No active apps.) and got sluggish.You see, we've seen good looks with the Mac OS, and it brought what Vista brought now, years ago. I for one, was looking forward to some great functionality and compatibility. And It turned out that those were the areas that I was most disappointed in. In matters of security, yes, Vista is much more secure.... but its like an over protective Mommy who doesn't let you do anything on your own (No offence though.)Well, after a lot of painstaking effort and luck, I was able to find the required XP drivers for my Laptop, and its safe to say that I'm quite happy with the way things worked out. Win Xp is running as smoothly as ever and with the new SP3, much better performance.I just hope that the upcoming Windows 7 wont be as much of a let down as Vista was.

I also had the same configuration and Iam using HP laptop. But still got into error daily. may be you are using your laptop rarely or in short time. Iam doing ebusiness and webmastering and need frequent and long use with my laptop.

I have my computer on for hours at a time and use it throughout the day constantly whether it is for school work, video games, or working on my web site. I will admit it is much slower than XP and will slow down but not nearly as often as you describe. Sometimes it will freeze up at stupid times you would think it would not but it is not too often, at least not for me. Mine is a Gateway.

I personally use wondows xp home edition, and although it has its problems I have not even been the least bit tempted to try windows vista. I never really hear anything good about it, Its all been bad. And like i said xp has its problems but I think im gonna stick with it, Its not that bad.

I had a friend who purchased Vista on the same sort of environment. However, luck wasn't nearly as much on his side. It is interesting that you mention your success with your graphics card, because he had just the opposite experience: the drivers were absolutely terrible and even normal applications had video problems because of lack of features and slow response. I'm not sure if this is a common problem anymore, but problems with drivers were terrible in the original release.

However, the Aero theme sure does look nice. For anything which requires real strength of operating system management and resources, however, Vista is certainly not your best bet.

I have windows vista and i really don't see the startup time to be that bad at all. Takes at least a min to startup and shutdown is basically a few seconds. Shutdown is the fastest process for all computers. I think people are bs on the startup time. Today in my computer class we brought a ancient computer to life running windows 95, took at least 5 minutes to startup which included startup programs. Shutdown time was a minute. Vista is not that bad all users are just confused by the new look which is not that hard to understand. If users can adjust to the new office which i find to be more complex than vista.

I cannot really say Windows Vista sucks because I'm not yet used to it. I'm using Windows XP Professional and would like to upgrade to Windows Vista but with the reviews, insights, gossips, complaints, opinions, comments and etc that I have read, it's seems like that I'm afraid of installing this Operating System. :D Well, the only thing that attracts me in this Operating System is the shiney Windows Org, shiney, Windows Taskbar and the Glamorous Windows Aero... :)Oh well...

To help out a bit with those of you who hate being asked if you want to do this and that by Vista's wonderful User Account Control, shut it off. It works WONDERS, trust me. As long as you're a bit knowledgeable and not naive about malware threats and exposing yourself to such threats, turning it off was a wonderful relief to me, personally. The only thing that would annoy you afterwards (as far as notifications go) would have to be the balloon tips reminding you that User Account Control is off. :) If some of you have anti-virus software running on your Vista machines, you can opt to turn off the auto-protect feature, as this commonly brings most machines to a crawl as the anti-virus tries to scan newly-created files, copied files, before opening files, etc. which takes a toll on what you want the computer to do. Granted that you are smart about how you do things on the Internet and the possibility of locally-introduced threats, you will never have a problem with having auto-protect off. (This applies to any operating system, actually.)

I'll have to disagree with most of those who replied to this post because i think that Windows Vista is a major advancement in technology . I don't know why you're all complaining about it , but it was the same thing about XP in 2001 when most people were having worse PCs and there were bugs in the beginning . But XP has now SP3 (Service Pack 3) , which contains lots and lots of upgrades to the original OS . Someone who tries Vista , after seeing all those cool graphics , would never want to go back to XP . I had never had any problems with Vista , but neither with Xp . Vista doesn't even require a high-end pc , just a modern one . In the beginning of 2007 , i was already running Vista on my old PC , which had the following specs : -Intel Pentium 4 , 2400 Mhz overclocked to 2700 Mhz-512 MB DDR memory-60 GB HDD ATA 133-Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 128 MBVista was running very cleanly , with aero activated , with transparency , flip 3d , etc on that PC . And i had no problems on it . A few months later i got a new PC with the following specs :-AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ , rated @ 6.91 Ghz-2 GB dual-channel , DDR2 memory-Gainward Nvidia 8600 GT GS GLH 256 MB DDR3( 625 mhz - GPU clock , 1800 mhz - memory)-250 GB SATA 2 HDD On my new PC i'm running Vista Ultimate and everything is running excellent . I never encountered any problems that could possibly make me think of XP . Vista supports DirectX 10 for the next gen games , WMP 11 , IE 7/8 and many other great things . I also have XP installed in another partition but i'm mostly using Vista . BTW , Microsoft is already working at Windows 7 , originally called Windows Vienna .