xisto Community
coolcat50

Apophysis Fractals

I have no idea what Apophysis is (some kind of program I'm guessing?)... or even what it has to do with making fractals (or even what fractals are :)) but those are some cool pictures you've got. How did you go about creating them? Is it something a non-techy like myself could take a try at? How long did it take you to make those? Sorry for all the questions, but now I want to see if I can do it too :lol:By the way, I think I like the second one the best. The others are nice too... but that one just sort of stands out to me and is sort of like fireworks. Very cool, thanks for sharing the pictures!

I used to use Apophysis a lot and made myself thousands of fractals before I switched to using Linux on my laptop. I should really see if I can get Apophysis to run under Wine. When my website comes back online, I'll post a link to all my fractals :lol:

I agree with midnightvamp that the second one is my favourite. The first one is also quite good, but could perhaps have used a different gradient to make it stand out from the black background.

I have no idea what Apophysis is (some kind of program I'm guessing?)

Apophysis is a program for designing fractal patterns called 'flames' that are then rendered and turned into images. Check out the Apophysis website for more information.

... or even what it has to do with making fractals (or even what fractals are :))

Apophysis creates codes called 'cosmic recursive fractal flames'. The huge string of numbers created can be converted into an image. Changing the numbers changes the image. A fractal is a self-similar image made from a constantly repeated mathematical function. What it simply means is that the image you see is made up of copies of the image itself, each of those smaller images being made from copies of the same image, ad infinitum.

Thanks for the comments. I do not know much about Apophysis and haven't read any tutorials, only just played around with it. I just did basic stuff with this and it didn't take but 5 minutes for each one.