xisto Community
alex1985

Connection Problem! ???

There are many softwares which need internet connection, and there is a problem. The program itself does connect to the internet at my home and different places, but not at my University! So, how can I force this program ti be connected to the internet. The thing is the internet is present, but the program, somehow, can not find it.List all the ways!!!

When a program fails to connect to the internet from a certain location, it's probably being blocked by that location. For example, you have a program that only fails to connect to the internet in your university. This is probably due to university's firewall. Either the firewall is blocking the whole program or blocking the port number needed by the program.Bypassing this might be against your university's computing policy. Check with your IT administrators before you attempt anything on your side. Request or ask them if your program is allowed to run within the infrastructure of your university. If alright, then ask how you can set so that your program runs properly.The only other way to bypass your firewall is to run your program to use proxy server. But this is only possible if your said program has the option or ability to connect to the internet using a proxy server.