xisto Community
demonlord

The Credit System

Hello, will Xisto ever be relasing older verison of the credit system? for free or for sell? I relize that you will not relase the current version as it my end leading to people finding ways to trick the system, but what about older verison?

How do you mean by "releasing" older version of the credit system? Do you mean releasing the code?The major difference between older and newer versions of credit system is that newer version calculates hosting credits on the fly. That is to say, it's like AJAX. When a member or a moderator shortens or lengthens a post the hosting credit is recalculated in real time.The older hosting credits did not compensate for edited posts therefore it was considered buggy. So how is it possible to trick the newer hosting credit system? If you know of any would you please alert administrators? As far as I know it is near impossible to trick the calculation--only possible to trick moderators and administrators by hiding clear texts :lol: But nothing goes overlooked by our moderators for this foolish attempt :)

OF course the other reason you won't see an older version of the credit script is that each script goes to a specific version of the board, and right now the only way to get an older version of the forum is to download it from some website and we all now that IPB stopped being free since 1.3. Of course this script is tailored to the hosting software set up OpaQue has as well so you would have to do lots of editing to the script to actually make it work correctly, and of course most of who been here when the credit system was started, it was no easy task to do. As the credit system had to be adjusted each time there was a problem, and I don't believe there are any original files from the old set up either so it will be even harder to produce a older version of the script.of course there might be no way to cheat the credit system, but there could be a way to find a security hole though because of how spread out this script is and how many different programs use this to run everything, and so that would be another major reason why not to bring that script out in the open.