xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinin

Out-of-body Experience Out-of-body experience(OBE or OOBE)

Yesterday I watched a documentry in T.V. there they were showing about Out-of-body experience. It said as This is an experience that involves a sensation of floating outside of one's body. Can this be possible. Don't you guys think that this is just an illusion that we see because we want to experience this kind of sensetion in real world.e.g. like there is a person who want to see the whole world but cannot go anywhere since he/she got some problem. so just to fullfill his/her dream they can view or see illusion that they were travelling while sleeping. It's kind a dreaming.I'm trying to research more about this experience.If any one intrested please reply

Interesting question. But this truly does bring to mind the question of whether or not your consciousness is seperate from you're body. And goes even further from there by raising the question of a soul. Any neurologist will tell you that your mind is just made up of a bunch of neurons and chemicals and such. Which give you thoughts, feelings, motorskills, etc. I have also read about many cases where people have gone out of body and collected information and reported it accurately (i.e. if I went out of my body, and looked at what you were wearing, and then called you later and told you). This could be a different phenomenom altogether. The "OOBer" could be getting the information through neural waves, or some other way, and the OOB experience is just a way for the brain to translate that into a way the "OOBer" can understand.I actually attempted this several times when i was in my formative years. :D And it felt like i got close. (I'm an insomniac, so that may be why I didn't definitely achieve success.) But if you want to try it here are the steps I used:1. Lay down in a comfortable position.2. Take deep breath (inhale 3 seconds, exhale 3 seconds)3. Now concentrate on relaxing all your body parts. It may help if you imagine a slow wave of complete relaxation traveling up your body.4. Once you are completely relaxed, take some time to visualize a second body within you. Be conscious of this body and try to forget your physical body.5. Visualize this other body rising up from your physical body, try to keep your consciousness in it (if it's not thats ok).6. If your consciousness is still not in that body. Concentrate whollly on transferring it to your "astral" body.A couple extra tips: If you plan on doing this, try to plant thoughts into your head all day long. "I will leave my body tonight". I have read that this helps.Also don't be too disappointed if it doesn't work the first time. Try, try again. Each time you do it you will get a little farther.My theories on this however is that if you are easily susceptible to hypnosis, then this will work easier. Which raises the original authors question: Is it all in the mind. Try this out and let me know.