xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chibimerrick

Smart Car Vector Art

I had to do a vector art of a plane, train or automobile for my Digital Applications class as a project, and I decided to do a Smart car. I traced it and applied gradient meshes to it, and it turned out great ^_^ I am very proud of this piece, especially since I never really used much of Illustrator for vector art before. I spent an insane amount of hours on it though, the week it was due. In total, it was about 40 hours in all for this project, but I got a 20 out of 20 for it, so it was worth it :P

post-58826-1208235991_thumb.jpg

Congrats, If this is Vector, then I don't know the meaning of it O.o I find it hard to believe you put 40 hours of work to a piece ^_^ Oh yeah, no shadow :P Do you want to keep it plain or are you going to work some more and put some special effects :P Looks good as it is, So is it sent or do you still have time to work on it?

Edited by the need for speed (see edit history)

For school, it's already been submitted, and I have my grade of 20 out of 20 ^_^ I was thinking of possibly submitting this to a contest, but now that you mention it, I could spend a bit more time on it to add some things, like a shadow :P I wouldn't really add much of anything else though, as the car looks great as it is, and I don't want to put effects I don't like on it, or that would take away from the car.But thanks, I like that you like it :P lol

Congrats on the full score ^_^, I'm sure a shadow wouldn't be too hard and maybe a different background. I don't like the white....Seems too dull for me :P

Wow! ;) The amount of detail in that vector is astonishing and you did it in only 40 hours?! You could put that into a photograph and not know whether it's fake. Did you use a graphics tablet to help draw the shapes? I have been considering getting one recently.I usually don't go vectors but I also ended up doing a vexel (a worked vector) image for my art class as well. ;)Congragulations on your perfect grade, you really have some talent and experience! I would give you 40 out of 20 if I could. :) I think that a shadow under the car wouldn't look too nice unless he added a background as well to make it look real.

Edited by trontron (see edit history)