xisto Community

I'm In A Stitch, I Like My Best Friend's Cousin. Shes perfect for me though...

Shes moving...That really kills me inside...
I think they said her dad got a job somewhere...

I'm a bit curious what you mean when you said your friend was hit with a statue later on... do you mean he was stunned, or that he hit you with a statue?

It sounds like you're serious about this girl, and the biggest problem might be feeling awkward around her. It sounds like if you want to have a chance at getting to know her in spite of the move you need to let her know one way or the other that you'd like to communicate with her via email or some such means, if she's okay with that.

Whether in letter form or face to face, it sounds like that's the right path for you even if it will be awkward. Again, the biggest danger with a situation like this is that misunderstandings will occur from a lack of honest communication.

It's not the worst thing in the world if she moves because you could still have some level of contact with her. Unless she's extremely dense, which I doubt, she has to know by now that you are interested in getting to know her better... so hopefully the worst case scenario of her thinking you don't like her or aren't interested in her is not a possibility.

Me, I have this funny belief in destiny. I think true love scenarios actually encounter ironies and problems like this. Just do the best you can right now to talk to her honestly and let her know how you feel because any mistakes made now in not doing that could end up coming back to haunt you years down the road.

I know it's awkward and embarrassing but it sounds like you've started making the best choices you can and whatever happens you'll at least not suffer from regrets later on at not doing all you could. A moment of embarrassment is far preferable to a lifetime of regret.

My advice is to not try to push the relationship but simply see if she's open to talking to you and getting to know you better via email or phone or whatever. It doesn't have to be a formal date or whatever to start off, just see if some kind of contact can begin so you can get to know her better for who she is.

Joshua

Also, I've been thinking further about what you said the situation was like, where she's more popular. I know this isn't the common way of thinking, but I think it's the best way... to try and become the best you can for the person you care about. Not only should you look to talk to her somehow about where everything stands, but in the meantime, also use this time to become the best you can, in sports, in learning, and in character. Social status comes and goes but do what you can to make yourself a person who will succeed in life. Keep your grades up, the depression it sounds like you're going through could make you very prone to flunking right now, and you don't want to also go through losing contact with your original class as well. Over the summer you should stay active in sports but also look into a summer job because these days it's a good idea to get into the work world young. Of course, the thing with sports is it can make you prone to acne and skin problems, so you should avoid touching your face and wash your hair after sports because hands are the dirtiest part of the body and hair gets a lot of oils and stuff in it that can get on the face. Lol, I'm getting naggy, aren't I? Anyway, I want you to succeed here, good luck!

Joshua, do you have a degree in something by chance?Something relationship related?But yes, My grades are all C's, at the minute.I'm wanting to do track next year, and I love hockey, but if she goes to a different high school, my high school has no chance of competing against hers, as mines a private school, and shes going to a public school.I really hope something changes, so she won't have to move, it's making it so much more difficult knowing she likes me, and won't ever be able to go out with me for real.

Joshua, do you have a degree in something by chance?Something relationship related?
But yes, My grades are all C's, at the minute.
I'm wanting to do track next year, and I love hockey, but if she goes to a different high school, my high school has no chance of competing against hers, as mines a private school, and shes going to a public school.
I really hope something changes, so she won't have to move, it's making it so much more difficult knowing she likes me, and won't ever be able to go out with me for real.

No degree, but I'm 10 credits away from an Associates in business management - hardly relationship related ^_^

Lets just say I was once in a situation so close to yours as to be ridiculously identical, and I'm simply giving advice that I hope might help you avoid some of the pitfalls I've learned are out there. Some I avoided, some I didn't.

As for the public-private competition, you never know - sometimes one player can make a pretty big impact. I'll admit though that I'm not too personally familiar with hockey beyond knowing the basics of how it's played, and as far as track I sprint for fun but that's about it. Baseball is my main sport with football and basketball secondary ones.

But hey, it sounds like you at least know she likes you back now, right? That's good, wasn't that a major question for most of the conversation here? Just because she moves doesn't mean you won't ever be able to go out with her. If you're really serious about her, I'd think you'd be willing to get to know her long distance and maybe in the future would get a chance to see her again. How far away is she moving?

I was assuming it's a matter of in-state but the way you make it sound, it's a matter of hundreds if not thousands of miles. At any rate, it sounds like she's a person you'd value as a friend and would be able to enjoy talking to even if you can't have personal contact. Perhaps she'd appreciate the chance to maintain contact with someone during this time in her life when she's leaving everything and everyone (non-family) that she knows, and it would be a chance for you to help her.