xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
coolcat50

Wireless Internet On Linux Mint 4.0 Daryna bcm94311mcg wlan mini-pci

Well, a while back I started to get into Linux and tried out a few distros and found my perfect one. Linux Mint, a Ubuntu based distro that uses the same packages and repositories I believe. The latest version, Daryna, it based on Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon. My laptop is a Compaq Presario C714NR with a BCM94311MCG WLAN Mini-PCI wireless card built in. It came with Windows Vista Home Premium and I bought it around December. Well, I finally got my wireless internet working using this tutorial:[link]

The tutorial was very simple and it did what it was supposed to do. I recommend doing this on a fresh install, to make sure you haven't modified anything that deals with the packages used. If your wireless net does not work on (K,X)Ubuntu Gutsy/Linux Mint Daryna, then I recommend trying out this tutorial.