xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jopak134

Vista Rumors rumors for those who still dont have that os

1.) its better than previous os when it comes to spyware,adware,virus because it has a little bit of its own defence?2.) it's recommended specs is 2gig of ram and a new release video card to make it running smoothly. they are endorsing that it can run in 1g ram and a gma X3100 video card and is that true?3.) service pack out yet? and if yes does it improve on backwards compatibility to programs? how about the critical bugs?4.) is the discounted price affects s.e. asia? by how much?5.) does the vista has the compatibility properties like xp? then if yes, then how come there are so many programs not working with xp?.( right click on an exe then compatibility tab.its too bad i cannot do a stress test to a testing computer on a computer sales shop then this questions will be a lot less :D i really hate salesman in a computer shop that knows only the name of the specs and not the functionality :P like i asked this one before, how good is the gma video card? then theyll tell me its good because its new :P. not the answer i really want to get ^_^

1) Alright, well first off, Vista isn't all that safe, there was malicious code for it before it was out, but again, you just have to be careful and you should be fine. I still installed avast on my machine and it came preinstalled with mcaffee. The security they put in is completely annoying, I heard you needed to type your password each time, but I've only had to click a yes button, but either way, I'm still asked about 3-5 times if I want to run a program before it actually runs and it's not just a one time deal, it happens every time I try to run that program, so that gets really annoying.2) I have 4 gigs of ram (but 32-bit vista so really 3.5gb) and a geforce 8600 256 native ram, and it runs ok, but I still had lag when before I reformatted to remove all the preinstalled apps, it runs ok now with aero and stuff, it actually looks really nice, but the functionality still isn't up to snuff with xp.3) there is a new service pack coming out soon, but the tests actually crash the machines that it's put on and some machines are prevented from installing it due to some hardware issues, I have yet to hear it fix anything, but I haven't seen any real problems myself, but I haven't used vista all that much either, I've only been on vista for about 30 hours total to play with bluetooth.4) The discounted prices, I have no idea and can't help you there.5) Vista does have compatibility options, but it still doesn't work all that great, just like in XP. The reason people complain so much is because certain drivers don't pass the vista security code and can't be installed and certain games that use opengl won't run well, if at all, in vista, hence the reason I dual boot xp.If I were you, I would not install vista. I got my new laptop and was forced with vista, but I upgraded to XP within hours of testing. Vista is a horrible system at least for now, the only reason I have vista on my machine right now is so that I can play games with my wii remotes because there aren't any good xp drivers for my bluetooth card; however, I can still connect my bluetooth mouse and headset up fine.

1) Alright, well first off, Vista isn't all that safe, there was malicious code for it before it was out, but again, you just have to be careful and you should be fine. I still installed avast on my machine and it came preinstalled with mcaffee. The security they put in is completely annoying, I heard you needed to type your password each time, but I've only had to click a yes button, but either way, I'm still asked about 3-5 times if I want to run a program before it actually runs and it's not just a one time deal, it happens every time I try to run that program, so that gets really annoying.
2) I have 4 gigs of ram (but 32-bit vista so really 3.5gb) and a geforce 8600 256 native ram, and it runs ok, but I still had lag when before I reformatted to remove all the preinstalled apps, it runs ok now with aero and stuff, it actually looks really nice, but the functionality still isn't up to snuff with xp.

3) there is a new service pack coming out soon, but the tests actually crash the machines that it's put on and some machines are prevented from installing it due to some hardware issues, I have yet to hear it fix anything, but I haven't seen any real problems myself, but I haven't used vista all that much either, I've only been on vista for about 30 hours total to play with bluetooth.

4) The discounted prices, I have no idea and can't help you there.

5) Vista does have compatibility options, but it still doesn't work all that great, just like in XP. The reason people complain so much is because certain drivers don't pass the vista security code and can't be installed and certain games that use opengl won't run well, if at all, in vista, hence the reason I dual boot xp.

If I were you, I would not install vista. I got my new laptop and was forced with vista, but I upgraded to XP within hours of testing. Vista is a horrible system at least for now, the only reason I have vista on my machine right now is so that I can play games with my wii remotes because there aren't any good xp drivers for my bluetooth card; however, I can still connect my bluetooth mouse and headset up fine.

Well said, I like your idea about Vista. But I think more of the problems are fixed with SP1 as I am running successfully with just no lag with a mere P4 1.8 GHz and 1 GB RAM.

Back in late July last year (2007) I bought a new Dell Dimension E521 (just in case you wish to look up the specs.) It came with windows Vista (joy(i thought)), for an extra ?200 i could of gotten XP professional, but i thought ?200!?! No chance, then hey everyone has said that Vista is amazing so I'll get that.By the end of August, I'd had enough...Crash dumps (the 'blue screen') more or less everyday, failing to start and presenting me with a black screen every now and again. So i downloaded Linux and installed that, over Vista. Then in the beginning of December I re-installed Vista over Linux, because i just didn't get how to install stuff (silly me i was trying to use a normal user rather that su command in terminal ^_^), big mistake. After updating the Bias (it said that might be the problem) I thought woooo no more dodgey black screens and crash dumps, NEIN after 4 days i was annoyed again, so i re-installed Linux (duel booting), gradually decreasing the space windows had until i got the hang of Linux (easy enough if you give it a week or two) and after that week, vista had 0 space and was un-installed, yet again! So i have installed Vista 3 times and un-installed it the same amount of times!I recommend Vista, yes, use it to download Linux, then get rid!Just wish i had another ?200 back then (you had to buy a new processor, then new something else before it was 'compatible').