xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
m spartan w

My New And Last Guide like the topic says last guide.

Now there are alot of rubbish guides out there "get a phat in a week" or "10m a day!"

Well it seems all ways of merchanting are dead, and therefore its hard to make money, here are some of my ways.
Now you should know, all prices in RS vary daily, so don't take these as exact prices, they might go up or down

Nooby ways -

Now you can pick flax, and sell that 100gp each, right? not too bad for lower levels with rubbish skills.

Pick flax here - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

You can also buy the flax, then make it into bowstrings, they sell for 170-200gp each abit faster than picking,
You don't make as much money per item, but more money in the long haul.
You can spin it using the lumbridge bank, and the spinning wheel the floor below for the fastest results.

------------------

You can kill cows for cowhides, i'm not too sure on the prices of these, but i think they go for about 100gp each.
Everyone should know wheres cows are, if not, actually play the game.

------------------

Alright ways -

Now you've been picking your flax and getting your bowstrings, getting abit bored?

------------------

How about some combat, go kill hill giants for big bones and limpwurt roots, they are found in the dungeon west of varrock, you need a brass key to enter the door, i dont have a map for this sorry.

------------------

Or if your lucky enough to have members you can pick whtie berries,

WARNING
You can die doing this as they are in the wilderness by the red dragons, go through the gate and run south until there are 2 white berries respawns,
Pick them and run back to a bank (or tele at 20 wildy)
You can either be killed by a dragon or a renevant

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

use the link and look for "red dragon isle" and it will show you the spawn,
now these sell for 1k each so its quite nice money, bar the danger.

------------------

You can also pick some snape grass, it spawns on waterbirth island, to get there take the boat from relleka (place for fremmy trials) to waterbirth island,

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Use the map to find out where the snape grass is.
You can either walk back from there to seers bank, or teleport to camelot, or if your a higher level you can use lunar teleports.

If you do not complete fremmenick trials, you can ask peer the seer to bank your snape grass for you,
this is twice as fast as tele's.

What you do is bring as much money as you want (as it costs 1k per trip) then you take the boat there, get the snape grass, go to peer the seer, DROP YOUR MONEY, then ask him to bank all your items, PICK YOUR MONEY BACK UP, and then repeat

------------------

You can also kill green dragons, these are just north of the hill giants in the wilderness (sorry no map again), they are quite strong and can kill you quite fast its highly recommended that you bring an anti dragonfire shield,as they can hit 20+ otherwise, some good armour and a weapon will also help alot. Now what you do is bring 5-8 food depending on your level, a varrock tele-tab, and empty slots (tell you why later)
Now that you've got all that ready, set off and go and kill them, don't bother getting any of the drops unless they are half decent, we are only interested in the bones. Now you kill the dragons and take there bones, now i'd say get at least 20 per run, then use your tele-tab, bank and repeat as much as you want.
Dragon bones are 2k each and sell quite fast.

------------------

Using Skills -
Now you can actually make money from skills, these are the best ways i could think of

Hunting -
Hunt chinchompas, they need a hunting level of 53 i think (anyone know?) and they will sell for 350-400gp each, and they are stackable so there is no banking needed!

------------------

You can also hunt red chinchompas, and they will sell in the grand exchange, (not sure if they sell that fast anymore) but they are a good money.
My friend got 99 hunting, from hunting red chins to 99 that got him 40m+
All i can think of for hunting so far.

------------------

Fletching -
Now this is the real money maker, people can become super rich of this,
Now, first off you can make arrow shafts, they sell for about 15gp each (no real money in that) but it's alright for getting thoose first few levels.

------------------

Anyway once your about lvl 40 (anyone know level for willow longbow?) you should make willow longbows until 70 fletch, it'll set you back about 300k, but thats only 12 trips to white berries eh?

------------------

Well at 70 fletch you can make yew longbows (woo) now you can buy yew logs for 350each i think, prices change every day. and bowstrings for 150-200each.
Thats 500-550gp a bow, and they sell for 620 each (once again prices vary) now you may be thinking "what? 70gp a bow??" now yes that may sound low, but you can make these in high bulk, its faster than fishing and woodcutting.

------------------

Well after all those days of fletching your now level 85, time for magic longbows now these can make money in two ways, you can buy magic logs 1k each and bowstrings 150-200each, now you can sell magic longbows 1.3k each, or spend another 300gp (once again prices vary) and buy nature runes, then 1.5k on a fire staff too and alch them, now your making money and mage xp time for 99 mage!

------------------

Fishing -
Now this is a great money maker, you don't really start making any money until about 40 fishing, you can sell your trout and salmon for 70gp each i think it is, but its not really worth the effort.

------------------

Once at 40 fishing you can get some lobsters for free players you can fish them at karajama (remember to bring 60gp for the boat) and then sell then RAW not cooked, over the forums, or you can sell them cooked if you want cooking xp too. Now sell them raw over forums, even if your free players, just pm buyers and say your selling x amount, they will come.

------------------

Members can go to catherby to fish some lobsters, its near a bank, and theres usually alot of people there (some macros too, but just report them) so its not too lonely there, you can sell your raw lobsters in the bank too.

------------------

Now your 70 something fishing (someone help again, im really bad at this) you can harpoon youself some sharks, this is where the real money is, you can sell your raw sharks for 800-900gp each, and go into the fishing guild, so its even faster!

------------------

Woodcutting -
Now this can also make you really rich, you can first of all cut normal logs until oaks. Then you can sell your oaks for about 15gp each on the forums (maybe less) no real money in it, good for lower levels though.

------------------

So then you get to willows you can sell them for 20gp each no real money there, but they do come fast at 50-60 woodcutting,

------------------

Members can cut maples for money they sell for 90-100gp each and they come fast at about 60 woodcutting so its good money.

------------------

Now free players, cutting yews is getting better with less bots, but members can cut yews for good money though they sell for 350gp each, and come fast at 80-85 woodcutting.

------------------

Now that you've cut about 10k yews (no easy feat) you can cut magic logs, you should wait a while until 85 wc, then you can make money, because straight away you dont get too many and its probably less money than yews.

------------------

Mining
Now mining is good, fast(ish) way of making money, it has been ruined my autoers on f2p but you can still make a good amount.

------------------

Now you can mine iron at lvl 15 mining, which is easy and fast to get, and iron ore is sold for 100-110gp each, not so bad for a low level,

------------------

Now when you've got to 50 mining, id recommend coal for members, and free players have a choice between the two.
Now you can go to the coal trucks, which is north west of seers village.

http://www.runehq.com/RHQMoreMapsView.php?id=00730

that map isn't too great, but if you just look for that on your world map.
Well once your there, you can mine yourself 120 coal and put it into the trucks, and also the 28 or so in your inventory, thats 148 pieces of coal!.
Now you can either walk across the log, which will save you ALOT of time,
or you can walk all the way around, pass the fishing guild, and bank at seers bank.

------------------

Smithing
Now you can make some money from smithing.
You can buy iron ore for 100gp each, and a ring of forging for 5k, and then you can smith 500 iron bars, iron bars sell for 200gp each (i think) so its alright money, you make 110k per 1k bars, so its not all bad.

------------------

You can also make cannonballs, now you will need to have completed "Dwarf Cannon" and have to be a member, the quest is quick and easy.
Buy yourself a cannonball mould from nudolion, who is on white wolf mountain, then buy yourself some steel bars for 550-600gp each, then take 27 steel bars and the cannonball mould to a furnace, and make cannonballs.
Now these will sell for 200gp each, and you get 4 from each bar, so thats 200gp per bar profit you make,
these can be made quite fast, and its a good way of making money for all levels, or if you want to save some money on training range.

------------------

Runecrafting
Well this can make you millions and millions, the reason why lots of people don't do it?
its so BORING also can be quite slow for the first while.
Now you wont make ANY money at all from this if your free players, unless you run, but thats explained later.

------------------

Getting 44rc,
Why 44? thats nature runes, makes you at least 220gp per rune, and at 91 you make 520gp per 1 essesnce.

Okey to start off, get off tut island (if you cant do that, dont even bother) now go to south of varrock and start Rune Mysterys quest, and complete to start rune crafting.
Now start off making air runes until 44, mainly because air runes are the fastest xp.
Now to speed this up, you can hire runners, people will run ess for you for about 2k a run, it may seem expensive, but your only going to end up loosing an extra 200k, and it makes it alot faster.

------------------

So now your 44 (sorry for the blank training method) well now members can craft nature runes. The real money maker.
Buy pure essence for 80gp each, and these are the two ways to do it.

------------------

Law Running
Because of the fair trading update, this will only work if both players have 200+ qp, but i think i'll leave it up anyway.

------------------

This is the the same as nat running really.
First of all get into world 66. Bring 27 unnoted pure ess and walk to the law altar on entrada.
its pretty simple to find, just north of the chapel, you can follow the masses of people going there.
Now once your there trade one of the people in red robes and they will give you 27 laws for 27 unnoted pure ess.
Now that you have them, you can walk back to draynor villiage and bank there, and repeat.
You can also bring water runes and air runes and use 26 essence, when you get there, get 26 laws, tele back to fally, bank, then repeat, its faster than walking.
Fastest way is to wear a glory, bring 27 unnoted pure ess walk to the law altar again and then, use your glory to tele to draynor, bank, and walk back.
Well done you've just learnt how to run laws.

------------------

The Assist System
Now this load of rubbish jagex added is a joke, because you can walk straight off tut island, and mine rune?
Nice job. Anyway, how to make money using this thing.
If you have a friend who's going for 99 wc/mining/herblore/fletching you can ask for there assistance,
Make your own yewlongbows, mine your own rune, cut magics, or make super sets.
For example, You could ask your friend (or a kind person) With 70+ Fletching to assist you in making yew longbows
Right click on this player and click "req. assist" and then if the player is nice enough, they will accept
Once this has happened tell them to turn on all of there skills (or just fletching doesnt really matter) then run off to your bank and make your yew longs with your 1 fletching.
Congrats, your making money.
A Little Side Note.
If the person that is assisting you, moves, gets into combat, trades, offers to assist someone else, gets a random, or does pretty much anything bar speaking, the assist will go.
You dont get any xp for this, just can use the skills

Good luck making your money

Thats only an insight into how to make money, there are millions of ways to make money, try to find your own unique way.

Thanks to runehq for the maps, and the nature rune link.
rest of it is mine this is one of my best guides so far please take the time to read it dont just post to get credits.