xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Damen

Lcd Troubles Wavy lines anyone?

Well I just purchased a new 22" Widescreen LCD. A Chimei CMV-222H (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/).Well I got this particular version because after a month of searching it offered the best set-up for using HDMI. This thing is chalk full of features but there is a question I have on it. When I first got it I unboxed it all and hooked it up to my PS3 using HDMI, the picture was AWESOME. Now that I was satisfied that it worked for what I mainly got it for I booted out the old giant CRT hunk of junk and put this bad boy in it's place. Set it up to the native resolution(1680x1050) and hit the "Auto" adjust feature and the picture looked sharp....BUT, yes there has to be a but, I can notice wavy lines one dark backgrounds and very noticeable noise on the windows boot-up screen(Because of all blackness). Not I went through the OSD looking to see if manually changing the clock or phase would do anything, and it didn't. Nor did any other OSD setting so that is out of the picture. Now what comes to mind is that it offers no DVI port and is hooked up through VGA. I know VGA has poor quality but would it cause the wavy lines? When I had it hooked up through HDMI to my PS3 I noticed none so maybe...but is there a solution for this? I have thought of one that I can do that MAY work, I have a DVI-VGA adapter around here somewhere and maybe if I hook that up to my Graphics Card and then attach the monitor it will stop but I will post the results of that as soon as I find that adapter.In the mean time, anyone know of a solution for this?EDIT:(I suppose I should mention that the lines appear diagonally, from bottom left to top right)

Edited by Damen (see edit history)

Well if you mean the PSU for the monitor it is integrated so I can't really do that. I can disconnect the cord from the monitor? I will try that but I don't know if that will work at all but thanks!Well this did not solve the problem anyone else got any suggestions?[hr=noshade] [/hr]Well since no one has replied I guess it got too far down in the recent posts list. I remember that I have a s-video to RGB cable for my TV and computer. And this new monitor has RGB input in the back so I will try that later today if I can find the cable. Anyone else got any more suggestions?

Have you thought that maybe the gfx card isn't work properly, as I had a somewhat similar situation when I built my new computer, and I kept on seeing noise because of the fans in my desktop. What I suggest is to plug this monitor into another computer and see if it does the same thing, and is so RMA a better one as it may have been damage, but I would call support and see if they oculd fix hte problem for you.

Have you thought that maybe the gfx card isn't work properly, as I had a somewhat similar situation when I built my new computer, and I kept on seeing noise because of the fans in my desktop. What I suggest is to plug this monitor into another computer and see if it does the same thing, and is so RMA a better one as it may have been damage, but I would call support and see if they oculd fix hte problem for you.

Well not trying to put down your suggestions because I welcome them. but i didn't have any problems with the picture on my old monitor right before switching. and the monitor would show the noise when using the other HDMI mode if it were the screen wouldn't it?