xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dodger

Tsunami Savages

Sorry this is a cut and paste but it isn?t on a public website and isn?t that long, but if it is true it is unbelievable and very very sad that people can act in this way. Reports of rape, kidnap, and looting today deepened the horror of the Asian tsunami disaster that has claimed 150,000 lives. Grim details of unimaginably evil responses to a catastrophe that threatens to become the worst natural disaster of the modern era included: -- Heartless thieves stealing church collection boxes for the tsunami victims -- Sex attacks on women at refugee camps in Sri Lanka -- A 12-year-old boy snatched by a paedophile as he lay in his hospital bed The incidents have horrified aid workers and the public alike, whose response to the disaster has been heroic. A women?s group in Sri Lanka told aid workers of "incidents of rape, gang rape, molestation and physical abuse of women and girls in the course of unsupervised rescue operations". In the Thai resort of Khao Lak, thieves dressed as police officers escaped with suitcases belonging to some of the 3,000 dead. And in the same area, police fear 12-year-old Swedish boy Kristian Walker was abducted by a paedophile after he disappeared from his hospital bed.

i'm not surprised. in fact, it's not only happening in the effeted areas, it's happening all over the world. like in australia, and i'm sure many other places, they've been catching people asking for donations who are not affiliated with any groups - and they're not giving the money. luckily the police are busting these people. it's hard to tell whether they're being honest, when they walk up to you. i gave a guy $2 and saw him getting busted an hour later... i hope the money gets there.

they are very horribile people doing those things. if i would see them id kill them. They are taking advantage of a huge disaster and they must have no heart at all. :rolleyes:

This is when all the really bad people in the world come out. Its a sad thing to think that we have people like that who thrieve on horrible trageies such as these. They just have no heart and in my eyes they have no place in this world. Just my 2 cents.

If that article is true, then it makes me sick to know there are people out there that are taking advantage of a terrible situation. The people of Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and other affected countries are in great need of aid and the last thing they need to worry about are thieves stealing, sex attacks against the women, and the children being abducted. I don't know what those people are thinking that makes them want to do something so wrong. Hopefully they will get the sense to change their actions around and help the people in need.

I think that people in this region have suffered enough...they have lost their friends, family, homes and now this...it's not fair and sad that some people don't understand it...