xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
magic

4 Wheeler Talk What kinds 4 wheel truck do you drive

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram with the Big Horn Package I have a lot of the horns and whisles with it. I dont use it for plowing or work basically a family vrhical. I have the V8 Hemi engine in it with the automatic 4 wheel locking drive dial. It has a six speed trans and 20 inch wheels and plenty of crome. For a 4 wheels dirve it rides prety good not like the ols style 4 wheelers I use to ride in. The gas milage also is not bad instead of like 8 to 10 miles per gallon I get like 18 to 19 mi per gallon. Need less to say I have had some problems already basically warenty work but still. One problem is the rear bumper is starting to rust, the other problem I had was it was missing real bad I took it in and they said the hemi engine manual says to replace your plugs every 30 tousand miles (it takes 16 plugs) they said that 2 where fouled out and they wanted like $180 to tune it up this is at 27k needless to say I was POed after going round and round with them they finally said they would replace them all and tune it up for free, after they did all that it still was missing , I am not 100% certain what was wrong with it exactly but they replaced the EGR valve, 4 fuel injectors and upgraded the software. Now it runs fine. They said only the platnum plugs offer the 100 mi tuneup warrenty but unfortunetly they don't make them for a hemi. Also when I bought the truck it had a emblem on the rear stating that it was E85 compatable well guess what, Its not thank god I found out before I used the E85 I was within inches of trying it. Also they never put my Big Horn Emblem on it finaly got it but haven't had it put on yet for I am complainng to chrysler about the E85 issue, And I am currently waiting for them to call me about my bumper.

I drive a 4x4 Ford F150 Lariat edition 05. I love the truck to death and im thinking about upgrading the exhaust with flowmasters and adding a 1inch body rais as well as an 3 inch lift to the truck along with some nice off roading tires.

Sounds nice but dosn't raising the vehical make it less stable? I am all new to the 4 wheel drive stuff. Do you do alot of off road driving? I dont have the undercarrage protector on my but I can get them are they hard to install do you know? I had a 97 ford f150 nice truck never had any major problems with it it was the king cab with a bench seat. Teal over gray. Very dependable.I had 160k when I traded it in for the Doge. I only bought the Doge basically the disscounts and what the gave me for my other truck, along with the room in the back seat I wemt to the auto show they had here that year and looked at all the trucks and found theat dodge had tha most room for the $. How ever they do not have the locking rear tail gate which I would like to have, Mine was stolen off my ford the first time I ever left it unlocked go figure. I dont do any off raod but it is really great in the winter time goes through the snow like butter. I love that, the feel of not worring about getting stuck, Great isnt it?

Ford here too. But it's an old battered, beat up farm truck. Actually has to work for a living. We haul wood in it, pull a 16 ft trailer with whatever we can pile on the trailer, you name it, the old truck pulls it.

Well a work truck that lasts, Ford has come a long way. My son inlaw saw mine and said why a 4 wheel drive you don't haul or pull any thing. Well I basically bought it because most of the time they donot plow are street, and also me and my wife are thinking about buying a camper. Basicly I guess its the comfort of knowing I have the ability to do most any task I want without the worry of thinking gee can I pull this or will I be able to get through this. Thhis year we had a storm that dumped wich seems to have looked like 24 to 36 inches of snow. They said it was more like 18 I believe however it was drifty in most parts. I saw all these cars trying to get un stuck and here I was in my 4 wheel drive going through it like it wasn't even there. Then later I found out most cities where giving out tickets for being out in it unless they had a reason. I guess basically if you had to plow or you had to get to work.

well i dont have a truck but my dad does, he has a 2005 f-150 with 3 inch body lift, 5 inch suspension lift, 38 inch tires, new sound system, step rails, and tinted windows. Its an amazing truck i love it so much and it is so pretty. The most amazing truck ive ever seen and i absolutely love it ;[