xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Keep God First! Get The Best!

A rich and beautiful young girl got betrothed to a young man who was both handsome and wealthy. The boy took her to a party on the eve of his wedding. He was in high spirits and so he was joking and making sly remarks about Christian faith calling it as ?old women?s faith.? The bride was so upset for she was brought up as a good Christian by her parents. She gently asked him to stop mocking the religious sentiments. But, he did not and could not stop his jesting. Instead he openly commented, ?My nice little bride thinks big of her religion.? Upset over his behavior, the girl with tears in her eyes and a tremor in her voice, said firmly: "Whoever does not hold God and His Word sacred, will not hold the marriage tie sacred; and whoever does not love God will not truly love his wife. No longer do I wish to be your bride." Shocked, the young man pretended he did have some respect for God and His Word. But it was all in vain. She stood by her resolution, and turned him away ? for her first priority was the living God. We are living in the days where young people are giving more importance to good looks and inspiring talk rather than the character and faith of their would be spouses. They think that prioritizing God is only a hindrance to enjoying their lives. Alas! Soon they find that their dreams are shattered and their marriage gets into rough weather, just because they disregarded their long cherished faith in their God, for a man or woman of their liking. So,it ought not to be so. Today, decide to give God the first place. Commit your life and future in His secure hands and He will make everything beautiful in His time.

My Views======Making God "first place" = (automatically, psychologically and emotionally) making yourself "first place" and then others around you.You always ACT/DO everything in accordance to the people around you or society.Your actions which should be from DISCRIMINATIVE brain telling you RIGHT/WRONG instead gets overRidden by the presence of people around you.After forgetting God(or yourself - my views), your mind wants more attention.For. Eg. A man will smoke in front of a few people (who he knows are non-smokers) just to show off. (base reason : ego)

I do agree with this. I too Consider god to be supreme and all around later. We nedd to learn respect nature and mankind, automatially all around us will look bretty good. After all life is beautiful. We only need reasons to smaile and cry. And god is that power which joins us in our happines and suppots us in our difficulty.After all who can beet him for his grace and love he shows on his loved once.Do good and forget about what fruit you would get. Lie your life to fullest.