xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

So We Will Be Making This Movie.

Okay me and some friends are making a movie.It's about a Jewish boy and a German Aryan girl who fall in love during the holocaust.We need some ideas for a plot and set pieces, ect ect.And jusst any general suggestions.Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.Thanks.<33

Have you read Friedrich? It's set during or slightly before the Holocaust. In one of the chapters, Friedrich, the Jewish protagonist falls in love with a non-Jewish girl. Both of them are walking in the park and Friedrich doesn't want to sit down although the girl wanted to, because the Jews face prejudice and they can only sit on benches meant for Jews. Friedrich didn't want to sit down because he didn't dare to let the girl know that he was Jew. But she chose a Jewish bench to sit down and told him that she already guessed/knew he was Jewish and she didn't mind being him despite of that. Shortly after, however, he chose to leave her because he did not want to get her into trouble Apparently if she knowingly associated with a Jew, it would be a crime. Hope this gives you some inspiration.

If you plan on using Swastikas and things of that nature, make sure it is tastefully done, possibly even a little understated rather than blatant. Without knowing more of the plot I can't really give you much more advice. What sort of movie is this by the way? Are you planning to do just a short 5-10 minute type of thing?

first things you need to consider.. rating of the movie?? sex scences? horror based? comedy based? how long is the movie to be, and where are you going to film it?

Well she said "It's about a Jewish boy and a German Aryan girl who fall in love during the holocaust." so it looks like it could be a romance and tragedy. Why should a horror movie be set during the holocaust anyway? The holocaust is a major historical time period with great tragedy and should be incorporated with great relevancy and great respect or it would only draw flak. I don't see how it could be a comedy if it's set during the holocaust, but this could be possible, maybe dark comedy, sattire or something... difficult subjects, and hat's off to Mermaid and team if they can pull this off well. I think sex scenes should be one of the last things to consider in a movie, unless it is of utmost relevancy to the progression of the plot. I absolutely hate movies that include intimate scenes just for the sake of including them, they make a movie look cheap.