xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sherbaz

Brain Damaging Habits

1. No Breakfast

People who do not take breakfast are going to have a lower blood sugar level.

This leads to an insufficient supply of nutrients to the brain causing brain degeneration.

2. Overeating

It causes hardening of the brain arteries, leading to a decrease in mental power.

3. Smoking

It causes multiple brain shrinkage and may lead to Alzheimer disease.

4. High Sugar consumption

Too much sugar will interrupt the absorption of proteins and nutrients causingmalnutrition and may interfere with brain development.

5. Air Pollution

The brain is the largest oxygen consumer in our body. Inhaling polluted air decreases the supply of oxygen to the brain, bringing about a decrease in brain efficiency.

6. Sleep Deprivation

Sleep allows our brain to rest. Long term deprivation from sleep will accelerate the death of brain cells.

7. Head covered while sleeping

Sleeping with the head covered, increases the concentration of carbon dioxide and decrease concentration of oxygen that may lead to brain damaging effects.

8. Working your brain during illness

Working hard or studying with sickness may lead to a decrease in effectiveness of the brain as well as damage the brain.

9. Lacking in stimulating thoughts

Thinking is the best way to train our brain, lacking in brain stimulation thoughts may cause brain shrinkage.

10. Talking Rarely

Intellectual conversations will promote the efficiency of the brain

Notice from Velma:
Adding quotes so that other members can still reply and discuss the topic :lol:

I assume you're not a neuro-scientist. So I'm curious where you've sourced your material. Please let us see your original source. I'm not convinced that all the "facts" you've outlined are, indeed, facts. Any effects from smoking, for instance, are gleaned from questionable science and the variables are many depending upon what a person smokes, how often, when, and for how long. That's just one line item I'm skeptical about. Reveal your source, please.

This is slightly disconcerting. I never eat breakfast and I have noticed over the years I can't think as clearly as before... maybe I'll try eating breakfast this summer and see what happens. I also eat alot of sugar, this is definitly helpful if it's true.Thanks for the information!

Although this is taken from somewhere else, i'll still add my thoughts.

6. Sleep Deprivation

Sleep allows our brain to rest. Long term deprivation from sleep will accelerate the death of brain cells.

Doesn't this imply that dreams or nightmares accelerate the death of brain cells? I mean, when does your brain rest? If your brain ever did rest, you (your body) would eventually die.

8. Working your brain during illness

Working hard or studying with sickness may lead to a decrease in effectiveness of the brain as well as damage the brain.

9. Lacking in stimulating thoughts

Thinking is the best way to train our brain, lacking in brain stimulation thoughts may cause brain shrinkage.

These two seem contradictory to me.

10. Talking Rarely

Intellectual conversations will promote the efficiency of the brain

You don't need to talk to promote brain efficiency.

I agree. An active imagination isn't one that necessarily partakes in the vocal paradigm. On the contrary, it's often impossible for me to fall asleep sober because of all the brain activity occurring keeping me awake. I just want to smack myself up side the head and yell, "Shut the BLEEP up already!" I've cured insomnia with alcohol, though, so it's no longer much of a problem. I doubt a deaf or mute is any more likely to be a mental midget than someone whose five senses are working just fine. I'd actually suspect the opposite to be true, in fact.

Some one forgot DRUGS.If you don't mention that, you are indirectly giving them a GREEN signal to go ahead further with their conscience exploration trips.

I'm guilty of 5 and 6. XD

Doesn't this imply that dreams or nightmares accelerate the death of brain cells? I mean, when does your brain rest? If your brain ever did rest, you (your body) would eventually die.

The person who wrote this is right that sleep deprivation is bad for your health. During deep sleep, your body is at its lowest activity. You are right that the brain never rests. In fact, no part of your body ever rests completely, but they are indeed experiencing the lowest activity. Dreams would probably use up less cells than conscious thoughts, because dreams occur from the subconscious mind I believe. Furthermore, if you are sleep-deprived, you will realize that you have difficulty concentrating the next day. That's a sign that the mind is very tired.
I totally disagree with number 10 though. What happens if one is deaf and dumb then? I'm sure people who are deaf and dumb are quite capable of intellectual thinking.

That depends but yeah, breakfast is the most important meal of the day ^_^ They are also other factors such as alcohol,drugs,injury's etc.. That will ruin your brain :P But as I say "use things that don't last becasue you won't too"(made that up in 10 seconds) :P