xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alexandercolquhoun

Mac Book Touch

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie but I'd just like to talk about a few things i've noticed on the internet.
I've noticed this 'concept' that hasn't really been introduced yet, but it looks pretty cool.
It's called the MacBook Touch, and it's meant to be a MacBook but a touchscreen version similar to their iPhone, but a Mac Computer. Looks pretty cool.
Here's a picture: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png
And here's some info on it (well this one has a different picture but who cares :lol:): http://gizmodo.com/370581/macbook-touch-concept-based-on-apples-latest-transparent-displays-patent

Looks cool if it'd come out!

-cya

Apple has been pretty good with innovation, even though I'm sick and tired of all the elitism and i-This, i-That that Apple brings. (I'm not saying all Apple-product owners are elitists; but as with every other company, people tend to be full of themselves and their new gadgets/computers/etc. I'm guilty sometimes too, I'm sure.) :lol: This concept has been out for a while now. Last I heard (aside from this post), it was in the works. Functional, but I guess they are testing the idea.It'd be cool to have one, but fingerprints drive me nuts.

Yea, this would be cool, but the biggest problem to overcome would be fingerprints and the price. If I remember correctly, touchscreens are very expensive, at least they were last time I checked, but definitly a great idea, I don't think I'd get one though, just because I don't use a laptop to move stuff on the screen, I prefer mouse and keyboard, It would be great on a thinkpad or something like that though, so it's almost like a laptop version of the microsoft surface or iphone.

Yeah the finger prints would be ugly appearing on the screen as you use it. You just gotta keep your fingers and hands clean when using it. No eating and playing :lol:. I wonder how they will implement the keyboard on that thing? If they do it like the iphone with a virtual display of keys it might be in the way of the work area. You wouldn't want to have to carry around a keyboard would you? Someone gotta be bringing the elitism right? Who better to bring it then apple :P.

how about the ultraslim macbook with a digitized screen? That would be incredible. You could have a stylus to fix the fingerprint problem. I think apple is very good at innovation as well and wouldn't be surprised if this was in the works or in the lap of some tester at apple already. When you have the ultrathin macbooks with touchscreens, long battery life, etc. what else can you ask for in a portable laptop?