xisto Community
Mabuse

Support? I Gave Up!

My business has been without working email for over a WEEK. Customers are calling and complaining, and the hosting company does, well, nothing. I have been waiting for hours for the so called "online support" (no status message on the system notification that this service is down - just learned about it in another thread minutes ago). Two support tickets filed (IGX-436840 and CDZ-706390), increasing priority daily a bit up to "critical": Still none answered properly within 6 (!) days. I am giving up on this and switch to another host now.

For your information see the transcript (actual addresses replaced with ***) of the one ticket where I at least got a reaction - although support obviously did not actually READ my ticket:

Ticket thread IGX-436840

Dear Sirs:

I am having a big problem with my domain fuge.net , which is hosted by you.

I stopped receiving any email for this domain about 30 hours ago - usually there is a "catch all" for emails to *@fuge.net which is redirected to ***@gmail.com. I have no idea why this stopped working. When I tried to check on my account panel or cPanel, I could not log in with my pwd and email. I tried the "reset / remail password" function, but the new password is obviously mailed to ***@fuge.net, and as I wrote, the fuge.net catch stopped working so I can not receive the mail.

Please help, since emails to my domain "fuge.net" are crucial for me! In case you need any more information you can get in touch with me using ***@gmail.com (also as IM Gtalk).

vicky

Posted On: 26 Mar 2008 12:45 AM

Hello,

Thank You for contacting the support team.

We have checked the mail server and it is working fine. So please give us the following information so that we will check the issue further:

1. The website name for which you are facing the mail problem.

2. The name of the email account which is not working.

3. The password for that email account.

Thank You.

Vicky,

Support Team.

Posted On: 26 Mar 2008 12:05 PM

Hello Vicky,

I already included the necessary information in my first support ticket! The

"website name" (I guess you mean domain name) that is hosted by Xisto is (as

stated before) fuge.net . Also I mentioned that there is no specific "email

account" which is not working, but the catch-all-feature which is supposed

to forward ALL emails for that domain, regardless of any account.

Obviously there is some kind of DNS problem which prevents resolving the "

fuge.net" domain correctly to your server. the designated dns entry of the

domain is NS.COMPUTINGHOST.COM and was working fine until 4 days!

Please fix this issue as soon as possible, I have not being able to receive

my business emails for 4 days now!

Regards

Edited by Mabuse (see edit history)

I know that this might not be the answer you are looking for, but check this link.
At least it could be the cause of the difficulties.

Any more information from Support?