xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Never

My Lyrics Lyrics from my bands

Hello everyone,I am a musician and a lyricist. I wanted to get your opinion on some of my lyrics. They are for my band LadyKiller Cassanova. The first one isAnd I Forgot the Words to the Greatest Song I Ever WroteLove like a river run dryLove like a river count timeYeah count time until we dieCause we're all human above and beneath the skinWe bury our lovers underneath the weight of our sinThen we just keep piling more dirt onEyes like a river run dryThe wells of her eyes no longer cryYeah eyes no longer cryShe yells across the kitchen "you throw our life away"He promises his children he'll return to them somedayThen he keeps piling more guilt onHope like a river run dryTheir children think happiness is a lieYeah happiness is a lieand the second isOf Late I Dream of YouYou always told me you don't want to throw your life awayAnd I only live for the moment because I forgot yesterdayThat was fine for time but it couldn't always be that wayYou said you needed stability you couldn't always be afraidOf where we were heading or what I would sayWe'll I'm saying I think I can change.So what do I have to do to beg you to stay?I can kneel on the floor cross my fingers and prayBut would that really bring you back?Tell me what you think, and if you like them I will post more.

Nice man, being a musician myself I can see how they would flow well. Only thing im interested now is hearing how you would sing it. Good writing though, from reading it sounds like you must be a band between like soft/rock to -punk or hard rock? Which one was right lol.Im currently in a Hard Rock/Metal band. I both sing and play the guitars, but I enjoy singing more.

Hello everyone,I am a musician and a lyricist. I wanted to get your opinion on some of my lyrics. They are for my band LadyKiller Cassanova. The first one is

And I Forgot the Words to the Greatest Song I Ever Wrote
Love like a river run dry
Love like a river count time
Yeah count time until we die
Cause we're all human above and beneath the skin
We bury our lovers underneath the weight of our sin
Then we just keep piling more dirt on
Eyes like a river run dry
The wells of her eyes no longer cry
Yeah eyes no longer cry
She yells across the kitchen "you throw our life away"
He promises his children he'll return to them someday
Then he keeps piling more guilt on
Hope like a river run dry
Their children think happiness is a lie
Yeah happiness is a lie

and the second is

Of Late I Dream of You
You always told me you don't want to throw your life away
And I only live for the moment because I forgot yesterday
That was fine for time but it couldn't always be that way
You said you needed stability you couldn't always be afraid
Of where we were heading or what I would say
We'll I'm saying I think I can change.
So what do I have to do to beg you to stay?
I can kneel on the floor cross my fingers and pray
But would that really bring you back?

Tell me what you think, and if you like them I will post more.

looks good but the problem is that i can't say it sounds good because i can't hear it. i can imagine it and it seems good so well done. keep up the excellent work.