xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

You Might Be A Redneck If.........

I bet your thinking I'm posting in the wrong forum don't ya? I couldn't help but think of good old Jeff Foxworthy today while we were making preperations for the upcoming rain storms. During that last toad strangler of a rain we had, (7 inches) and the colapse of our bathroom ceiling because of the leaky roof, we didn't figure this poor old house could take much more. Our finances being what they are (broken) putting on new shingles is out of the question for now anyway. So this mornings project found us up on the roof, spreading tarps and weighing them down with old used tires. A hillbilly and/or redneck solution if I ever saw one! Jeff would of been so proud! :lol: Of course, it wasn't an easy job, carrying big old tires up the ladder. Too bad hubby didn't get the brillient idea of putting them up on the roof with the front bucket of the back hoe untill we allready had a bunch of them up there. Sure wish he would of thought of it sooner. I'm really tired and sore. Ya'll keep your fingers crossed for us that we got enough tires up there the tarps don't blow off when the rain comes.

Maybe when it's all finished you can lay backand listen to some Georgy Jones and have yourselfsome southern moonshine. Then after that,maybe you can head yourself outto a honky tonk to hang with the rest of the good 'ol boysbefore you goes out huntin' some pheasant. Only joking. Using either a reneck or no neck method doesn't matter so long as the roof is fixed properly. All the best.