xisto Community
dcskataboy

I Need A Review On My Website Review me please

Considering that you only have been doing programming for a year then it is okay for a newbie.But to be honest (no offence) the site is pretty boringThe layout you chose is great for small business sites. its the usual layouts anyone would probably choose.But i prefer when you click on the links to show the images , it shouldnt leave the page but be on the same page or a pop window not another page with jst blank white background and no border what so ever.Check out bestwebgallery.com for some inspiration it'll help you out more . you can keep it simple but add some other colour gradientsexperiment some more :)seeing how its a business site. it should be a tad more decorative but corporate looking

I've been reviewing the website for a while...

Pros:

Well, I'm not gonna be all soft and hold your hand on this. I'm not going to be too rough, though (as some people have already been)

So, there are no pros, except for the time it takes to load and the simplicity. But even the loading time can be bad; just take a look at the "Doors" and "Locks" sections.

Cons (or, in other words, what I would change in your website):

1. The static black and white is not bad. It's just badly used. However, I would at least throw in some shades of gray in it. Links could have other colors than the default ones...

2. What's with the centered left menu? And even if you want it centered, you don't need to use a <center> tag for each item. Also, you should wrap those up in a list :) (<ul> and <li> tags)

3. Don't separate the several "areas" your website has... It seems they are floating and they shouldn't. It is a page, a solid single page, and not three pieces of paper wandering around ;)

4. The markup (code) behind your site is awful, from unecessary center tags to countless <br>'s and <p>'s where you should have other more meaningful tags like lists and such.

5. The images. They shouldn't be scanned images. Either you make vector images or you take a photo of the actual items. The scanned images available now lack contrast and are too big. Maybe you should ask for help :) Perhaps some people wouldn't mind converting that to vector style :)

6. The contacts section is useful, but it somehow doesn't integrate with the site... Maybe because you made a blank page for contacts only :)

7. The domain name is BIG. This is a HUGE name lol! People will have difficulty remembering it ;)

8. The clock and the hit counter look very unprofessional. Really :)

Basically, you need to revamp everything. I can give you some pointers, if you want... besides, your whole site can be redone quite quickly, while teaching you valuable concepts about why you should re-think some parts of it. If you need any help, just PM me. Anyway, I just picked up your site, and fiddled a bit with the CSS (like 5minutes) and got this:

Posted Image

I think it's a little bit more pleasant to the eye... however, you're the one who decides. Anyway, if you need help (except for the vectoring part, lol), I'm just a PM away ;)

Edited by pedro-kun (see edit history)

Hi,I'm not exactly sure what type of feedback you're looking for. I will say that the previous reviews all have merit. From a 'viewer's' point, I'd agree with changing font, and colors. Perhaps some relevant wallpaper. Also, I'd make sure that, while keeping it clean, there are few empty spaces. The ones that are kept, should be stratigicaly placed. Now, if you're also looking for a review of the specific content, let me know. I think it will be a powerful advertising tool, with some work. I was a painting contractor for years, so I know a little about a little. All in all, nicely done!Michael

people wont mind to see your website as you site is mostly text based. just like ones back to 1990's...try using some templates. CSS templates are better as it is faster than HTML. google for free templates and you will find many of them.but the main is that you should get a good header.

The site is clean and functional which are probably the main things you were going for for a business of that type so props to you for that.However, the design simply doesn't have anything eye catching or nice to look at. It's virtually two colors and lots of text. You'd be surprised at how much better it might make it look even if you did something as simple as whipped up a nice graphically enticing header image.Anyway keep up the work, you are going strong :)

most effective website are simple just what you did. But somehow you might wanna consider putting an image to give ideas to what really the site is all about just by looking. some visitors ignore the text whenever they don;t see a banner. banners or just ang image in the index gives them ideas what the site's products are.

Edited by enhu (see edit history)

**I removed harsh comments its uncalled for***. I think you did well for one of your first sites. You have a long way to go man but that doesn't mean you aren't capable. Your still young so if you work hard you'll be pretty good by the time you hit 20. I'm not being stink here I'm just saying what I think is the honest truth no sugar coated nothing. A lot of the obvious comments have been made already on how to improve it so I wont add anything. There is plenty to improve on and since its such a simple site I think you can do it.I'm not even sure why I wanted to even comment here since its such an old thread. I think its because I don't agree with some of the comments but I accept we are all entitled to our own opinions.

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)

I need people to review the website i made for my dad. It was my dad's business's website. Tell me what you all think about it. Ive only been programming for a year so i think its good for only a year, but my opinion doesn't matter. So tell me what ya think.LINK

Dear I have seeen your website its not bad but not proffessional at all don't mind ok but I mean to say as u said that you r new to this field so its not bad but try to add colors images. To make it more proffessional and If you have any doubt then feel free to ask me I am into this field for last 12 years.

I need people to review the website i made for my dad. It was my dad's business's website. Tell me what you all think about it. Ive only been programming for a year so i think its good for only a year, but my opinion doesn't matter. So tell me what ya think.LINK

I have gone through website. Its very simple my freind. Many a times simple things click more than complex one. But you can add more proffessionalism to your site. Say with the help of simple graphics, by changing the background of the cells or the table, by adding some mono of the concern, it will make it more catchy and cool looking site in turn. Moreover concentrate on the screen resolution while developing a web page, or a site. Otherwise it will not be appealable to others.?