xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
enchanted

Excercise - Losing Weight

Hi guys I'm new here.........anyways I had a questionand was wondering if anyone else experienced this, I've been trying to lose a bit of weight and was sucessful to an extent, lately I seem to have hit a plateau where I can't seem to lose anymore, I go to the gym about 3 to 4 times a week and "try" to watch what I eat and so forth, I just feel like it's all not working anymore....any suggestions, oh and I do change my routine at the gym periodically as well.

ok well this is a problem alot of people face actually. I believe that your best shot at stepping over this plateau is by exercising more than you usually do, watch you food (NOT try) by eating less carbs and more proteins (dairy, weigh and white meat - do not eat alot of red meat because it contains a high amount of fats) and stay away from sweets completely because this is what gains you the most weight. Besides, I advice you to follow a "cutting" weight lifting program which means low weights and high reps (around 20 reps per set), this will give you a good shape, and then once you lost a good amount of fats and you started seeing your body carved a little bit you might want to switch to a bodybuilding program... this way you will replace your extra "bad" weight (fats) with some quality weight (muscles)... wish you all the best buddy :D