xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Faith That Pleases God

As all of us know the writer of Hebrews devotes one entire chapter highlighting the faith of believers in Bible history. Yet, the list is not complete. The Lord is adding on to the list everyday. He expects you and me also be added in His list of heroes of faith! Can we be sure that our names will definitely get a place in the list? The Bible says that only by faith a person can please God! In other words, without faith it is impossible to please God. (Verse 6) Basic quality of a Christian must be an attitude to please Christ. It should come naturally to him, and it should in fact become a controlling force in his life. And that is why a Christian?s life is defined as ?faith life?. We must strive to get a testimony from God Himself about us. He should acknowledge that we are God-pleasers ? just as Enoch was. But, unless we walk daily with God, in the light of His Word, we may not be able to have the faith that He desires us to have and as a result we cannot be able to please Him at all. let us examine ourselves. Are we God-pleasers or are we still man-pleasers? Let us base our daily life on the supreme Word of God, which will make us strong in faith. Because Enoch walked with God, he knew God very intimately, and therefore his faith increased day after day. That so pleased the Lord and He wanted Enoch ever to be with Him and took Enoch away even without allowing him to die. Let us walk with God, talk with God along this life?s narrow way that we may enter the heavenly abode when the call comes to be there with Him eternally. May the Lord help us to live as God-pleasers!

Yes, we should do what pleases God, and he tells us what those things are in the Bible. I agree that times are changing and we shouldn't just stick to what the Bible says. I just think that people see religion as: I need to be a good person and do what God wants so I can go to heaven. But, it is SO much more than that. Why would God want us to aspire toward such a selfish goal? I would rather save 10 people than be saved myself. The Bible says that the most important commandment is: love your neighbor as yourself. Other people should be our most important concern, not ourselves. So, yes, we should do what God wants, but not for ourselves. We need to do good to others, then we will help and possibly save others, but it will also be good people like God wants us to be.

As all of us know the writer of Hebrews devotes one entire chapter highlighting the faith of believers in Bible history. Yet, the list is not complete. The Lord is adding on to the list everyday.
He expects you and me also be added in His list of heroes of faith! Can we be sure that our names will definitely get a place in the list? The Bible says that only by faith a person can please God! In other words, without faith it is impossible to please God. (Verse 6) Basic quality of a Christian must be an attitude to please Christ.

It should come naturally to him, and it should in fact become a controlling force in his life. And that is why a Christians life is defined as faith life. We must strive to get a testimony from God Himself about us. He should acknowledge that we are God-pleasers just as Enoch was. But, unless we walk daily with God, in the light of His Word, we may not be able to have the faith that He desires us to have and as a result we cannot be able to please Him at all.

let us examine ourselves. Are we God-pleasers or are we still man-pleasers? Let us base our daily life on the supreme Word of God, which will make us strong in faith. Because Enoch walked with God, he knew God very intimately, and therefore his faith increased day after day.

That so pleased the Lord and He wanted Enoch ever to be with Him and took Enoch away even without allowing him to die. Let us walk with God, talk with God along this lifes narrow way that we may enter the heavenly abode when the call comes to be there with Him eternally. May the Lord help us to live as God-pleasers!

Very true. Rather than focusing on ourselves, we ought to focus on God, on trusting Him, on committing to Him, on putting our idols away to serve Him, on glorifying Him, on letting His will be done rather than our own. And I think the opposite is true of doing good works. We don't try to do them or be good people. We just focus on how much God loves us and on how He shows us goodness and mercy even though we don't deserve it. We then show that mercy to others because doing so pleases God and because He shows it to us, and refuses to forgive us if we won't likewise forgive others. I don't think God is looking so much for us to be good people so much as merciful people, for us to be religious people so much as loving people, or for us to be theological know-it-alls so much as holy (separate from the world's ways) and sincere in our lives. God is the only one good like Jesus said and ultimately it's all about Him.