xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inhuman

Spam Ims From Loverlounge.com They wont stop

Seriously, these are getting annoying.

[10:31][iM sn removed]: Hey ASL LoverLounge.com

Do NOT warn this aim! This is NOT Spam. If you wish to be removed, please reply to this aim with "Remove Me".3

I don't know if you noticed, but I'm using Trillian and I constantly get these spam IMs at least once a day on my AIM account. I've answered remove me and they still keep coming. Someone help me, please!

Uninstall the Instant Messanger and then re-install to get a new name/number might be the only way out.Someone has 'connected' to your ID and will likely continue sending them. And replying to the request to delete only confirms to them that you are active.

Gah....what the hell...I hate spammers like that. I liked the sn I had too...I hope it will stop though, or I'm gonna try to contact the website and tell them to stop IMing me....

Have you tried blocking the user? Also, according to the AIM FAQs, AIM has a feature that allows you to report IM spam (they call it "spim"). So you may want to download the latest version of AIM, and when this spimmer messages you, report them.

Yea, I blocked 3 out of the 5 or 6 that IMed me. :|

But I'll download the latest version and have that running with Trillian in case some jerk decides to do it again.

And yea, I did see those faqs earlier....I tried searching for it on my AIM...didn't realize I was out of date.

[hr=noshade] [/hr]
Aw hell! I got more spam!

[05:05]*sn removed*: Hey, check out this website i found with FREE RINGTONES.. goto (Link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/)http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ They have cool games too!

I sent the spam report. I hope one of those lovelounge R-tards come after me again so I can report their moronic **rabble** as well.

I guess I should come up with another clever SN for AIM, huh?

[rabble "filter" brought to you by another forum that I regular. <_< ]
Edited by Inhuman (see edit history)

even i am using trillian buddy. I guess your IM id is with some spammer. there is no problem with trillian as i aint recieving any spams.

Yea, it really sucks to get a random IM every day or so. LoverLounge stopped it would seem (I haven't got one from them in a couple days, but I wouldn't put it past them to get me again). Now it's xpressringtones.com (Don't go there, I don't know how safe that site is). I've just been reporting Im spam and continued on.