xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dennisx

My Hdd Dead?

Hallo guys. I cant turn on my pc when I connect my power supply to the HDD, but everything working fine when I disconnect my hdd power supply..so.. my hdd short circuit? anyway to repair it?thanks in advance guys!

Those molex connectors only fit in one say lol. Are you sure its fitting in correct? I'm not sure why it would short out power to your whole system even if your HDD is dead. Do you have another machine to test it on?

Yeah this is a bit confusing, are you saying when you connect your hard drive to the power supply nothing happens? If so I doubt it is a short circut more like your power supply is not enough and your hard drive goes over the cap, and if that is the case you might need another power supply, but ot make sure we need the following info.Basically a complete spec sheet of the computer in order to see what is up, and more important names so we can search out the parts and see what is zapping your power supply. In the mean time if you have another computer test that hard drive on that, and if you have an extra hard drive lying around and it is smaller then the one you have problems with try that one out.

are you using a backup? if so then that's the problem. if not, try disconnecting other stuff first like your cd rom and connect you hdd if it works then your power supply is inefficient.

every detail is important. what do you mean by it's not working?what noise you hear when you turn it on?how much process you see.last night my computer was not working properly because it was over heated and some security files were damaged.have you sorted HDD slots? i mean have you sorted jumpers to Master or slave?I have attached 2 pictures of HDD slots and jumpers if you didn't sort it then it could be the source of problem.

post-58025-1205693217_thumb.jpg

post-58025-1205693226_thumb.jpg

post-58025-1205693235_thumb.jpg