xisto Community
~Upnorf Cr3w~

Codes For Mobiles

I remember ages ago there was special codes you could put into you mobile to get information about it. Some even gave you free calls for 5 mins or free text messages for a limited time. This was a few years ago and i think it was for Nokia. Something like this*#123456789# then send and it would come back with serial number or something. Is there any codes about still that anyone knows of. I have a sony ericsson is there any codes for them ?Or if anyone has any cool sites that offer tricks and tips about mobiles can you direct me thanks....

I think the number you are thinking of that the mobile would come back with is the IMEI number. This is a unique identifier for each phone, which you should note down in case your phone is stolen. On all phones it can be accessed by typing *#06# where you would normally make a call.

cool thanks for that.
Is there any other codes we can put in ?

Yes, there is quantities of special codes with various functions. As far as I can remember, at least the following codes may apply to some of SE phones:
→*←←*←* to run test function (without any settings on navigation keys) (→:RIGHT ←:LEFT)
*#0000# to set phone language
*→*←←*←* to run test function (without any settings on navigation keys) (→:RIGHT ←:LEFT)
I hope it will help. If there is anything regarding special codes on your cell phone, please inform me the model of your phone via message.