xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
paVer

Robby The Robot the erector set for the 21st century.

What is robby the robot? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Robby the robot is a robotic toy that children all over the world will programing and build. the biggest thing about building a robot is programming it. The robot has to be taught everything the equation of stuff that a robot has to learn is astronomical. As a toy, children and adults will have fun programing it to do stuff from walking up stars to what a camera is to catching a ball what a hole is there is allot a robot has to learn as people add there script it can be uploaded to a main server and You will be able to download the latest coding done from a few billion of You friends soon we will be close to AI can we reach artificial intelligence? i don't know. Rob will have all kinds of cool attachments alsoRight now are hard drives search from beginning to end and end to beginning if there is anyone out there who can make the search more like are brains which is from one point in the hard drive to another with out going back and forth You could become very wealthy with money very quick any ideas? "Rob is the erector set / 21st century."

Well I guess it's great if you have too much free time. I personally have better things to do.

Right now are hard drives search from beginning to end and end to beginning

Not exactly, it's more like getting directions about where to drive. The thing that stops computers in their tracks is that they cannot group objects in the same way we can and the fact that they cannot learn something that's not already programmed. For example, words like sand, water, surfboard instantly remind us of the beach, but not so for the computer. That'll all have to be programmed, and to be honest, figuring out how to do that is the easier part. Actually programming in trillions of the processes that are going on in the brain might take hundreds of years. For that reason, I doubt we'll ever see anything like that. Edited by dre (see edit history)

Well I guess it's great if you have too much free time. I personally have better things to do.Not exactly, it's more like getting directions about where to drive. The thing that stops computers in their tracks is that they cannot group objects in the same way we can and the fact that they cannot learn something that's not already programmed. For example, words like sand, water, surfboard instantly remind us of the beach, but not so for the computer. That'll all have to be programmed, and to be honest, figuring out how to do that is the easier part. Actually programming in trillions of the processes that are going on in the brain might take hundreds of years. For that reason, I doubt we'll ever see anything like that.

There is some work being done with man made diamonds that might have hope for faster access to hard drive information and are talking large tera byte size drives. I really like Your ideas on what has to be done but we have to start some where. i love what they have done at the CA desert race where You have to program your vehicle to drive it self you have to admit we have come a ways already

If it was up to me, I'd utilize some form on bio-hardware because I don't think machines will have what it takes to perform like a brain for a prolonged period of time. However, when that time comes, we'll all be bowing down to machines.

That is a very nice idea - it would be very very fun! And there should be like two versions of "Robby the Robot", one for experts and one for beginners. Why two versions? Even though I haven't actually programmed a robot I think you have to know more then the actual lines of code. You have to know how it works, what it is made of and things like this. That is of course it you want to learn him make tricks... The expert version should require this kind of knowledge, while the other version would only require the programming skills.Of course "Robby the Robot" would be a toy for nerds (or wanna be nerds <_<) so it's market wpuld be rather small. So no millions would be made out of it... Still, it is a great idea!

they have robots now that you can program to do some commands but not hard ones.in japan they have robots that they can do battles with but its really to hard because you need programming and such to make it work.to have a robot toy that kids can program to do things is a good idea. but there's always a question what you will sacrifice, complex action vs easy programming.