xisto Community
MadDog

G'day Folks

G'Day. Well with the G'Day's and stuff, you probably noticed I'm an aussie, (and a country boy at that), I found this forum by trolling through the million odd results you get when you type "free web hosting" into google... Won't do that again in a hurry. Did a bit of research, and only heard good about the place.I was looking for a host to teach my 12yo how to design and run his own website. Rather than go into the complexities (for him anyway), of doing the hard yards on my VPS. Start him off gently I reckon. <_<I admin at a couple of other forums, and belong to quite a few, (music related), sites that I frequent more often than not, so I'm not a forum newb by any means. The first thing that struck me was how BIG this place seems to be. Large but well organised :PMy main interests are linux, linux, and , Ummmmmm, linux. :( So I'll probably be hanging round any of the tech forums most of the time.Anyhow, nuff about me, I'm off to explore... See y'all round. :(

Welcome to the world of Xisto, MadDog!

I found this forum by trolling through the million odd results you get when you type "free web hosting" into google... Won't do that again in a hurry. Did a bit of research, and only heard good about the place.

The hosting is better than anything I've found elsewhere, which is why I've been here the last couple of years <_<

I admin at a couple of other forums, and belong to quite a few, (music related), sites that I frequent more often than not, so I'm not a forum newb by any means.

I suppose I should still point you in the direction of the readme and the rules. Give them a quick read through - you'll also get all the info you need to use the hosting (such as FTP information, SMTP servers and the like).

My main interests are linux, linux, and , Ummmmmm, linux. :( So I'll probably be hanging round any of the tech forums most of the time.

Take a glance at my avatar and you'll see I'm also a Linux guy :( It is always good to have more Linux users on the forums.