xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dodger

Emotion Vampire

I don't know if this is normal or not and you guys already know I'm a wierdo so I'll ask you. I 'feel' people moods and my mood changes accordingly. When someone laughs I feel this great urge to laugh and smile even if I didn't think the joke was funny. When someone cries I get an awful feeling in the pit of my stoumach even if I shouldn't be sad. Whats going on?

I don't know if this is normal or not and you guys already know I'm a wierdo so I'll ask you. I 'feel' people moods and my mood changes accordingly. When someone laughs I feel this great urge to laugh and smile even if I didn't think the joke was funny. When someone cries I get an awful feeling in the pit of my stoumach even if I shouldn't be sad. Whats going on?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's similar to when someone in a room yawns, other people yawn too. When you're with a good friend, and you're having a good time (even if the last 20 days have been... hell.) you'll feel 2500% better. :rolleyes:

Sometimes it works oppositely, but there's a different situation for everything.

I'd say that it's probably normal...I mean, if other people are sad...you get sad. It's only natural to feel sympathetic.I've been to funerals and stuff...where I didn't know/care about the deceased...but because everybody else was sad, so was I. And it IS amazing how just chatting with a HAPPY friend makes a bad time so much better.Ah, the wonders of the human nature. Oh yeah. It's a cool thing. :rolleyes: